Non-Binary Gender Options

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Non-Binary Gender Options

Post by CosmicMonkey »

Letterboxd, Facebook and most dating sites already have non-binary options available to users, and I think it's time Criticker did as well. True, "prefer not to say," is an option, but it would great if non-binary users such as myself could have the option to display their gender proudly on their profile.

lamb-duh
1410 Ratings

Re: Non-Binary Gender Options

Post by lamb-duh »

I don't think having a gender option on your profile adds much to the site, anyone who wants to can put their pronouns in their profile. I'd rather see it done away with completely.

As long as it's there though, there should be a non-binary option (that is separate from undisclosed)

CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings

Post by CosmicMonkey »

If you look at a films stats page you can see the average stats by gender, age group and country. That's kind of interesting, but there's usually not a huge difference between any of the groups, though, so I don't think most people bother to check it out. It would be cool if the criticker admins could do more with that data though, like make lists of the films with the largest difference in the scores between genders, (Which is the film most-liked by women, but not by men or enbys) or the film that each country likes the most compared to average. (What is the film the Australians love more than other country? Which one do they dislike the most?)

lamb-duh
1410 Ratings

Post by lamb-duh »

oh, I actually just discovered that yesterday after I made that post but didn't manage to connect it with what I had just said!

I'd love to see what movies are most divisive.