Date added/submitted

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
iconogassed
7286 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Date added/submitted

Post by iconogassed »

I'd like to suggest giving users the ability to sort all titles in the full database by the date they were first added to Criticker, including all non-collection filters, e.g. genre or country.

With regards to collection pages, I know a new "Date Submitted" sorting option might be confusing next to "Date Added", but I personally think they are distinct enough.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: Date added/submitted

Post by mpowell »

Interesting! We can definitely think about that as a new ordering option. I'll add it to our list of ideas :)

JonSmith
978 Ratings

Post by JonSmith »

Interestingly enough, the feature actually does exist. It was pointed out to me by another user months ago if my memory is correct. One simply needs to have this URL to filter by date added. https://www.criticker.com/films/?filter=zob&view=all. This feature was found through guesswork by comparing the existing "date added" feature that exists for collections and adding the filter to the URL of the full database. I believe the difference is in the z though. If I remember correctly the version for collections does not have one.

This should hopefully make it faster to implement. Since one simply needs to add a button that links to that feature. Just for clarification's sake, even though it's essentially just copying the filter for Date Added from the collections. It functions as Date Submitted when applied to the full database.

Edit : it seems my memory is wrong. I simply saved the link after reading this thread started by a Kumpel. I also found the thread after not being able to find it at first. Here it is : viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8631. All credit goes to Victoriouz for the discovery.

JonSmith
978 Ratings

Post by JonSmith »

Is it possible to add the feature? It already exists when using the url, so it's only a function of adding the filter to the new button. I tested it with a combination of filters and it works.

https://www.criticker.com/films/?filter=zob&view=all