Overhaul of Filmmaker Database

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
mpowell
1201 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Overhaul of Filmmaker Database

Post by mpowell »

CosmicMonkey wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:51 am
Bug: The "mark as favourite" hyperlink at the bottom of the box that appears when you click on a person's name doesn't appear to work.
Oh no! You're right ... I know this _did_ work at one point, so it's likely a typo, we should be able to get fixed up soon. Thanks for the catch!

Ceekay19
861 Ratings

Post by Ceekay19 »

While I do like the option to compare my list to the best rated / most popular overall, I think I prefered some aspects of the old GUI. For example, the popup window that now shows when clicking on a filmmaker is way worse then the header that was shown before, as it did not get in the way of the information presented. Also, I may remeber it wrong, but I think in the old version you could see how many films you've rated of a given filmmaker directly in the table (In brackets behind the name or something? Not sure.), while now you have to click on the name and have to get the information out of the popup window. That was handled better before too if I'm not mistaken.

Cheers for continuisly working on the site anyway! It does look more streamlined and the new sorting options are great. Maybe you can look into the things I mentioned if you got the time.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Ceekay19 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:46 pm
I think in the old version you could see how many films you've rated of a given filmmaker directly in the table (In brackets behind the name or something? Not sure.), while now you have to click on the name and have to get the information out of the popup window.
Thanks so much for your thoughts! Actually for this one, it's possible to see that information if you choose to sort on Num Credits: https://www.criticker.com/people/?view= ... by=ratings

The information next to the filmmaker's name changes based on the sort/view you're using. Hope this helps!

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

CosmicMonkey wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:51 am
Bug: The "mark as favourite" hyperlink at the bottom of the box that appears when you click on a person's name doesn't appear to work.
Alright, this one should be fixed now! Thanks for reporting it!

iconogassed
7286 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

Are we no longer able to order by "% seen"?

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

iconogassed wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:05 am
Are we no longer able to order by "% seen"?
Yes, we decided to remove that sorting option. When you're looking at your own ratings, you can order filmmakers on name, avg score, and num ratings. When you're looking at the full library, the options are name, num credtis, and number of times they've been favorited.

iconogassed
7286 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

That's unfortunate. Can I ask why and request that it be reinstated? It was quite a useful feature.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

It's good to know you found that useful! We had done some research and found that it wasn't a very often-used bit of functionality... we can certainly consider adding it again.

Thanks for the input!

iconogassed
7286 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

if only i had known...

i would have used it more...

I WOULD HAVE USED IT MORE!!!

iconogassed
7286 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

Cross-posting some words of wisdom

AFlickering wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:42 pm
why the hell can't we view by percentile anymore? the filmmaker list seems inferior in general to how it used to be.
Sirs, please consider restoring the retired features. The database is better and more useful with them.