Different scores/reviews for different console versions?

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
li0li
742 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Different scores/reviews for different console versions?

Post by li0li »

Could've sworn I already posted this, but I've looked through and can't see it, so hopefully this isn't a double post.

Can think of three use cases.
1) Handheld "ports" which get published at the same time as the console version but are in fact completely different games. Currently they are classed under the same title on Criticker, and usually also on Wikipedia, which is understandable. It would be nice though to be able to pick a specific version to write a separate review for, but if you don't select a specific console, your review will just count for all the console versions.

2) Ports that differ in quality or features between console versions, e.g. Mirror's Edge is better on console than PC, and South Park is better on N64 than PS1. The Wii also got a lot of ports with a reduced feature set, would be nice to leave different scores for the different versions.

3) Some SNES/Mega Drive games were officially ports but in fact completely different games. I know this happened but don't know any examples, so I'm not sure how Criticker deals with them, this might not be any issue if they're already treated as separate games.

mpowell
1201 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Different scores/reviews for different console versions?

Post by mpowell »

This is pretty similar to a feature request we have written down for films, which is to be able to leave differing scores/reviews for different cuts. I'll make sure we add the "consoles/games" idea to that report, though no promises on when if we'll get to that one. It's a fairly in-depth request, for something that wouldn't be used too often. But we'll get it added to the list!