Collections revamp?

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
li0li
742 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Collections revamp?

Post by li0li »

Collections are really awkard to use right now, possibly why so few people use them. To be honest, I didn't even realise Collections were a thing until I saw them mentioned in a post below.

What if you could add a game to a collection directly from the info page? (like a dropdown saying 'Add to Collection', then you click it and it lists your current collections or says 'create new collection')
For there to be a collection page where you can browse the list and read others' comments on each game
You could add games to the collection from the collection page itself, by typing the name and having a suggestion appear, as with the search bar. Then you click 'add to collection'
The ability to vote on collections, and vote on games/movies within collections (if the collection owner allows it), so the most popular games appear at the top
Top-voted collections to be shown somewhere on the recommendations page similar to how games/movies appear now (though maybe less prominent)
The same moderation and public/private options as currently

A bit like 'lists' in goodreads though maybe nicer looking

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: Collections revamp?

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for these ideas! We do want to elevate the collections functionality, as it does seem to be one of the more popular parts of the site.

We'll add your ideas to our notes on how we might want to change Collections up!

caspian
947 Ratings

Re: Collections revamp?

Post by caspian »

One thing that I think would aid greatly in discovery is the ability to see which collections an entry belongs to on the entry page itself.

(happy new year criticker gang!)