Introducing TV Episodes to Criticker

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
mpowell
1201 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Introducing TV Episodes to Criticker

Post by mpowell »

Just realizing I missed a few questions!
iconogassed wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:45 pm
Should we be reporting series that still have their individual episodes listed as entries in the franchise rather than episodes of the show? Like The Twilight Zone (2019)
Yes, the preferred way to show these will be as individual episodes belonging to the series. Using the "Franchise" option was a workaround, but it'd be better to have them listed properly as episodes of a series.
iconogassed wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:45 pm
- Are the main series and individual episode's collection affiliation completely separate? As in adding/removing an episode to a collection will never affect the main series and vice-versa?
Yes, they are completely separate :)

CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings

Post by CosmicMonkey »

Hello, I can I make a request for a related feature?

Can it be possible to filter filmmaker's pages by release type?

For example, if someone's looks at Patrick Stewart's page in the future it might just show all 170 episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation. They might have to scroll down through several pages, just to find the film they are looking for.

iconogassed
7281 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

That is a good point about filmmaker pages becoming cumbersome. Better might be to somehow have all of the episodes of a particular show grouped together under the main show entry and hidden by default, but expandable by clicking. Like the (+) on the collections page. Though there might be some layout issues w/ ranked and unranked titles.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

CosmicMonkey wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:36 pm
Hello, I can I make a request for a related feature?

Can it be possible to filter filmmaker's pages by release type?

For example, if someone's looks at Patrick Stewart's page in the future it might just show all 170 episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation. They might have to scroll down through several pages, just to find the film they are looking for.
Thanks for this suggestion! I agree; I think results on this page will need to be grouped by series. We'll look into this!

Ramy
1485 Ratings

Post by Ramy »

Could there be a batch submission page for TV episodes? Adding them one by one takes way too long.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Hmm... yeah, that's something we could probably come up with.

It would take a bit of work, but I can see how helpful that would be. I've written it down as an enhancement for the submission process. Thanks for making the suggestion!

iconogassed
7281 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

Can I suggest some way for the main series of individual episodes to be visible for newly submitted, pre-approval titles? That way, if a kumpel submits and rates something without reviewing it, or it pops up in a collection or somewhere else in the database, it's much easier to decide whether it should be added to the 'remember' list for further research/rating once it's approved.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

iconogassed wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:26 pm
Can I suggest some way for the main series of individual episodes to be visible for newly submitted, pre-approval titles? That way, if a kumpel submits and rates something without reviewing it, or it pops up in a collection or somewhere else in the database, it's much easier to decide whether it should be added to the 'remember' list for further research/rating once it's approved.
That's definitely something we can think about implementing. Thanks for the suggestion!

iconogassed
7281 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

In addition to CM's point about actors' pages getting clogged, there is the issue of users indiscriminately pasting IMDb credits (or leaving them blank and the credits getting automatically pasted), which has already resulted in many erroneous Criticker credits. For example, Simon Kinberg is currently credited on Criticker as the writer of every single episode of the new Twilight Zone series (21 credits and counting). This is despite the fact that he didn't actually write any of them. His IMDb writer credits for the show are for his creation/development of it. IMDb has a system of distinguishing these; Criticker obviously does not. Moreover, the actual writers of the episodes are not listed. Kinberg's co-writer on all of these is Rod Serling, who's been dead for 50 years.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for these notes! We'll look into implementing a way to keep this information clean, very soon!