Fixing or Improving the Find Feature

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
Jols93
76 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Fixing or Improving the Find Feature

Post by Jols93 »

I noticed when browsing the pages of films at the bottom we have the
section where you can select Ratings (To view the ratings), Find (To find the film on ebay?), Collections (To curate collections both from other websites, critics lists, and personal lists), and Stats (To view percentiles)

I couldn't help but notice the find feature is broken and doesn't even pull up ebay listings.
I feel like this feature could be improved upon both as a way to draw money to the site and as a way for people to find a way to watch the film easier.
Now obviously I don't know how easy or possible this is to do. But Having each film/show/game have a amazon referral link in the find feature is a way to potentially send some spare change back into the website.

If its not about money some sort of Just Watch integration would do wonders for the find section. For those who don't know Just Watch is a website which pulls from all the streaming services both subscription based, rentals, and digital purchases and tells you where you can legally find the film or show to watch.

mpowell
1201 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Fixing or Improving the Find Feature

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for this suggestion! We've actually got something very similar to what you've mentioned in the works, and hope to get it out soon -- we're aware that the current functionality is pretty lacking.