Abuse link

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
gRis
747 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Abuse link

Post by gRis »

Hi,
I just noticed that the link to report abuse(http://www.criticker.com/index.php?sf=abuse) link to the page with new film submission form.

Also, some users are obviously trying to affect the ratings of some movies. One example - Marco8686. These users should probably be banned and their accounts deleted. However, I believe that this service is based on a system that should not be affected by this.

gRis>>

Scottathon
2357 Ratings

Re: Abuse link

Post by Scottathon »

gRis wrote:Hi,
I just noticed that the link to report abuse(http://www.criticker.com/index.php?sf=abuse) link to the page with new film submission form.

Also, some users are obviously trying to affect the ratings of some movies. One example - Marco8686. These users should probably be banned and their accounts deleted. However, I believe that this service is based on a system that should not be affected by this.

gRis>>

Actually, if I understand how the site works, he's not really affecting anything. Your PSI for a film is determined by the scores of your 10 best TCIs. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you have a very high TCI with him, so his ratings have no impact on your PSIs. The only case where there might be an effect is if he gets included in your top ten for a film because of a low amount of ratings, but that gets resolved as people rate more films.

Zaltys
1207 Ratings

Post by Zaltys »

Since he has only used two different scores, all except one of his ratings are tier 6.
Would be different if they were tier 0, but six means that his "rating" is somewhat close no matter how you've rated those movies.

He's #255 on my Best TCI-list, and is included in my top ten for quite a few movies. Unacceptable.

td888
3958 Ratings

Re: 10 best TCI's

Post by td888 »

Hello,

This is off-topic, but I wonder a bit about other people's TCI's. My 10 best TCI's start around 1.9 and then higher (2.0, 2.1, etc..). It looks like the more movies I rank, the further ayway my closest TCI's get... Before my ten best TCI's started from 1.3 and 1.4.

I do have some films ranked opposite of the 'general' opinion, so maybe this is the problem? Anyway, just curious, it's not a big deal.

AFlickering
2994 Ratings

Post by AFlickering »

My best TCIs are around the 1.5 mark. Nothing wrong with having unconventional taste though man - only problem is I suppose it makes your PSIs less accurate.

As for the other topic, there are at least two users on this site which are just "top ___ films ever" lists taken from other sites (IMDBTop250 and Theyshootpic) - this would be fine except those lists are solely for great/popular films, whereas Criticker lists require some kind of balance between good and bad movies to even mean anything.

Scottathon
2357 Ratings

Post by Scottathon »

Personally, I like the presence of accounts such as theyshootpic and theyshoot07. I think it's an easy way to track my progress on getting through those lists.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for pointing out the broken link on the Abuse Policy page. We've fixed that, now.

We agree that there should be a way to remove people from your TCIs and PSIs. The way we've decided to go about that is to allow you to "ignore" users, much in the same way as you can ignore films. That's one of the (many!) enhancements yet to come.

Philip
541 Ratings

Post by Philip »

mpowell wrote:Thanks for pointing out the broken link on the Abuse Policy page. We've fixed that, now.

We agree that there should be a way to remove people from your TCIs and PSIs. The way we've decided to go about that is to allow you to "ignore" users, much in the same way as you can ignore films. That's one of the (many!) enhancements yet to come.

I don't know if you've changed the link on the page itself, but I still get to the "Submit film" page when I click the link above.

yilb
1626 Ratings

Post by yilb »

Well currently Macro8686 is #1 on my TCI.
That's amusing. For a minute.
It's also not uninteresting Macro is my best match. What does that say about me?