PSI Problem

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
JooJoo
6022 Ratings
Your TCI: na

PSI Problem

Post by JooJoo »

My PSI's are behaving erratically.

Three times while searching for a film, I've seen something with a PSI of 10 that should be nowhere near that high. This last one was The City of Lost Souls, which should be around a PSI of 4 or 5. It's quite a rare occurence - I can search for 15-20 titles and come across it maybe once.

JooJoo
6022 Ratings

Re: PSI Problem

Post by JooJoo »

Deceiver (1997) is also experiencing this same anomaly.

Dreamer
1009 Ratings

Post by Dreamer »

Hmm, for me Deceiver doesn't have any PSI at all even though I believe it should have one. Twelve of my top 1000 TCI's have seen it. The City of Lost Souls has a sensible PSi for me (around T4).

If I click on the question mark signifying the non-existent PSI for Deceiver to get more info it only lists two TCI's. Maybe something similar is the reason for the abnormally high PSI's that you are finding as well? They could be based on the rankings of fewer TCI's than normal.

Gregzilla
2114 Ratings

Post by Gregzilla »

Having some kind of PSI issue myself.

My PSI for Femme Fatale (2002) is 70. Which is on the nose. that's what I'm going to rate it. But click on the 70 to get the break down and It says It is based on an avg. tier of 5.9.

A score of 55 falls within my tier 6 while 70 is Tier 9.

Seemed kind of odd to me.

FlorVdE
2470 Ratings

Post by FlorVdE »

Something is certainly wrong. Predicted scores are way too high.

AFlickering
2994 Ratings

Post by AFlickering »

yup, came to the forum to post something myself. for example, when i click the psi for THE PLAYER:

"In your case, an average tier of 7.2 translates to a score of 97."

it really doesn't. xD

td888
3955 Ratings

Post by td888 »

When I look at my own PSI breakdown for the Player I get an average score of 78, which should put in in my T9 instead of T8.

Dumb question: the Tiers mentioned in the image below, are the Tiers of these users, right?

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

It seems like this is happening across the board, and will need to be investigated.

I don't know off the top of my head what it could be, but we'll take a look and update here.

JooJoo
6022 Ratings

Post by JooJoo »

This seems to be getting worse.

cagedwisdom
2090 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

Any update on this? It's kind of crippling the recommendations aspect of this site when it occurs. I mean, a PSI I got just now is completely ridiculous.

This should have a PSI of 80+.

I'm not sure how pervasive this issue is and I'm sure you're already looking into it anyway but I just thought I'd add this here, as it's probably the most far off example mentioned in this thread thus far. Also, others mention their PSIs are too high where this is clearly the opposite.