Search Results Issues

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
philamental
1717 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Search Results Issues

Post by philamental »

When I was setting up my fake account for the Image Game Tournament recently I noticed some very odd search results for the 'Saw' franchise.

Searching 'Saw' results in the original short film and the first motion picture of the franchise but none of the others, which I thought was odd.

Then any search for 'Saw 2', 3 or 4 etc displays no results. Same for 'Saw II', III or IV etc. The only way I can bring up these films was to select from the search suggestions as I type in the search box. If I type in 'Saw i' I can select the 2nd, 3rd and 4th films (all are using the roman numerals). To get the later films I had to search for Tobin Bell the actor and pick the other films from his filmography.

This reminded me of when I tried to find Soderburgh's 'Che' double feature last year. Searching for 'Che' does not produce them and I couldn't find them using various attempts. After finding them through Del Toro's filmog, I noticed that they are listed as Che: Part One and Two, and yes searching for 'Che:' does produce them, but I can't imagine many users would think to use that when searching for the film.

Finally, when verifying the last search issue, I noted that despite the fact that I updated the poster on the page for Che: Part Two successfully some time last year, the original 'fake' one still displays in the search list for that film.

Are any of these easy to correct?