Full List of PSIs: PSIs are inaccurate

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
lancaster
691 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Full List of PSIs: PSIs are inaccurate

Post by lancaster »

Navigating my full list of PSIs, the predicted scores are often incorrect. For instance A Casa (1995) shows a PSI of 100 on the full list page, but only a 95 on the film page itself. This is true for around 50% of the scores listed. The difference seems for the most part to be in the single digits but for some films the film page will show "not enough information" to generate a PSI when my full list page seems to think I'll give it a high score. I've checked on this over the course of several days and it's present every time I've checked.

lancaster
691 Ratings

Re: Full List of PSIs: PSIs are inaccurate

Post by lancaster »

Note: Regenerate PSIs on this Page rectifies the problem but of course if the PSIs are actually regenerating every day (which they should as I'm a supporting member) it doesn't seem like I should need to do it manually, right?

Matthew Parkinson
4112 Ratings

Post by Matthew Parkinson »

I'm guessing you rated a film or multiple films that changed the PSI since the PSI was last updated, and then when you go to the individual film page it shows the new score. So that's where the discrepancy would be. Rate the films, then wait until they claim to be last updated, then see if they're different.

BadCosmonaut
4422 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

I've noticed this issue too, so many times that I doubt it's just me rating movies or other people rating movies that's causing the difference, but who knows. It's like the daily PSI regeneration doesn't propagate to the full PSI list. That, or my full PSI list is incredibly volatile. I can figure out a way to give some examples if needed.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

We'll check this out. Especially for sponsors, this list should be relatively stable, since it's recalculated daily. It sounds like something is not right, but we'll know more soon, and update here.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

So, there was a problem with refreshing PSIs, which I believe has now been fixed. The next time your PSIs regenerate, they should be totally correct... I hope!

If not, please let us know again, and we'll reopen the bug to take another look. Sorry about this problem!