Search function minor problem

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
djross
5318 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Search function minor problem

Post by djross »

When using the options from the search menu, "Movies, People, Users," etc., after the search it doesn't automatically retain the selection for the following search. In fact, it usually keeps the option from the search previous to the most recent search. For myself, I prefer to keep it on the "Movies" option, since that is by far the most commonly used of the options, but it can take quite a lot of work to "make" it go back to "Movies" if I've searched for a person.

This problem has existed for a long time, and actually discourages me from searching for anything except movies. My actual preference would be for it to always automatically go back to "Movies", but I understand the idea that it should continue with the most recent search carried out: it just doesn't do that correctly either.

Thanks.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: Search function minor problem

Post by mpowell »

Shoot, okay, thanks for pointing this out! We'll take a look soon.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

I actually haven't been able to reproduce this... that is, the selection seems to always be correctly retained. When I search for "Collections", "Collections" is pre-selected the next time. Getting back to "Movies" is easy, and the selection is remembered.

I've tried this on a few browsers, including Safari. Could you verify the problem is still happening? (We are in the midst of cleaning a lot of stuff up). If so, maybe I'm misunderstanding something, or there's some other problem causing it... possibly cookies, since that's how we store the "last search" thing.

djross
5318 Ratings

Post by djross »

Seems to be fixed now. Thanks.

djross
5318 Ratings

Post by djross »

Correction: problem exists on iOS.