PSIs are often wrong in "Full Database"

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
andr
1785 Ratings
Your TCI: na

PSIs are often wrong in "Full Database"

Post by andr »

I open the Full Database list and sort it by PSI as by the following link:
https://www.criticker.com/films/?filter=uzop&view=all

I see a list of movies like this:
    Abraham And Mary Lincoln - A House Divided (2001) 99
    Action (1998) 99
    The Adventures of Pete & Pete (1992) 99
When I click on some movie name, for example on "Abraham And Mary Lincoln - A House Divided (2001), it opens a detailed page about the film with all the information including the PSI. I expect the PSI on this detailed page to be 99: the same as PSI in the Full Database list. But actually the PSI on the detailed page is
Probable Score
?
Not Enough Info

If it is not a bug; could someone please explain, why 99 (tier 10)? How the value of 99 was calculated?
The list of ratings on the right is following. It does not average to 99 (Tier 10):
TCI User Score
na imdbtv 84 T10
na tvguide77 84 T10
na tvcritic1 84 T10
na glumpy99 glumpy_99 53 T1
na average50 65 T6

When I click in the "?" link I can see no source information which could result in PSI=99:
TCI Score Tier
No Information
Average Tier NA

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: PSIs are often wrong in "Full Database"

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for alerting us to this. It does seem strange that you would have had a PSI for "Abraham And Mary Lincoln - A House Divided", since that has so few rankings. Usually, we're able to generate more PSIs (and not fewer) as you continue to use Criticker.

We did a backend update to the database, which might have led to some inconsistencies. We'll take a look as soon as we get a chance, and let you know what we find.

andr
1785 Ratings

Post by andr »

I would like to share one more example of what I believe to be another side of the same problem.
Code Geass (2006-) TV Series showed different PSIs firstly in Full Database (PSI=99) and secondly in in the movie details page (PSI=87). But when I re-opened the Full Database page AFTER opening the movie details page, it displayed the correct PSI (=87) for THIS show in the Full Database!
I repeated the same with many other high score movies in my Full Database list and they changed their score to a correct one, which I think was always lower. So this is a workaround I found for the problem.
Last edited by andr on Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

andr
1785 Ratings

Post by andr »

This problem looks a high priority for me, because there are so many wrong PSIs in the "Full Database" list, that I can not use it to find new movies with the best PSI

andr
1785 Ratings

Post by andr »

The problem is not with all movies and seem to appear more often with less popular ones.

andr
1785 Ratings

Post by andr »

If the PSIs are wrong because they are not updated yet, I would suggest updating high score PSIs more often, since users would look for high score movies first

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for the extra information. I've taken a look, and believe that the system is basically working as expected. That is, the PSIs are being generated correctly, and the instances you've seen are just "out-of-date" PSIs. It's true that we might want to regenerate the higher PSIs more frequently, and I've made a note so that we'll remember to look into this. Thanks for that suggestion!

andr
1785 Ratings

Post by andr »

Thank you for your reply. How often each PSI is regenerated currently?

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

We generate batches of them daily, for active users (anyone with a ranking in the past couple weeks). As you use the site, PSIs will be generating frequently. And of course, if you're a sponsor, your PSIs will be fully rebuilt every day (along with your TCIs).

andr
1785 Ratings

Post by andr »

This is strange, because I am a sponsor, I am not sure this works, since the errors like
Abraham And Mary Lincoln - A House Divided (2001) 99

were staying in the Full Database for very long time, until I clicked some of them manually.