Submissions not working

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
MacSwell
2706 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Submissions not working

Post by MacSwell »

I don't know if it's because I'm currently using a Mac, but once I've entered all of the info on the submissions page and hit "Continue", the next page never loads.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: Submissions not working

Post by mpowell »

Hmm... submissions do seem to be coming in regularly, so I do think the page is working at least for most people. Is this something which just started recently? And is it happening with more than one film?

There's no error message at all?

MacSwell
2706 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

There's no error message, the page is just blank below the "You - Explore - Resources - Forums" bar. I've tried a couple of films but it's doing the same with both.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

This is a tough one to troubleshoot, because I can't reproduce it. Is there any way you could try it in another browser, just so we could verify that this is the problem, and not because of something weird with your account?

Also, note the time at which the submission occurs, just in case it fails -- there might be information somewhere in our logs.

MacSwell
2706 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

I've tried it in Safari and Chrome and the same happens with both. Time was 12:14 GMT.

Maybe it's something with my account?

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for the extra info. Which title were you attempting to add? We'll take a look through the logs, and let you know if we discover anything!

MacSwell
2706 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

Obdurate
3336 Ratings

Post by Obdurate »

I can second this problem. I've been trying to submit Paint It Black (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1472460/) for a few days now and I'm getting the same error where it just never seems to finish loading. I've tried Edge and Chrome, the time was 10:55 AM GMT for the latest attempt.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

This issue is killing us... I can't reproduce it for the life of me, and can't find any useful information in our logs.

Is there any chance that the images you're trying to upload are "very" big? (>2mb)? It's a shot in the dark, and I think we correctly handle large images now, but I know this caused a similar problem in the past.

Obdurate
3336 Ratings

Post by Obdurate »

The image I was using was less than 2mb, but instead of trying again with that one I just used a much smaller image (around 100kb) and it worked.