Recommendations wrong (plus a few other small things)

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
Daisoujou
1659 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Recommendations wrong (plus a few other small things)

Post by Daisoujou »

As part of the new update rollout I feel that my recommendations have become essentially random. I mostly am recommended films that not enough of my TCIs have rated to even generate a rating, with films mixed in that give me a predicted rating in the low tiers.

A few smaller issues alongside this:
- Everywhere that lists my number of rankings (top right by my account info, on my profile itself) says I have 34 rankings, when in reality I have over 600. I'm also certain that this is the film section of the website; the games section is counting my game rankings correctly.

- My full rankings list displays as a single very long page (still with separations for Tier X continued sections in the middle of the page). There are links to go to change the page as usual, but every page is the same massive list of everything at once.

I assume these are just temporary growing pains with the recent changes, but I wanted to bring them up in case you aren't aware or they're for some reason only affecting a subset of users. Thanks!

EDIT: As of now I correctly see that I have 624 rankings again, but the recommendations are still weird and the list of all rankings is still not displaying correctly.
Last edited by Daisoujou on Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

djross
5318 Ratings

Re: Recommendations wrong (plus a few other small things)

Post by djross »

Currently, filtering All My Rankings by Release Type is not working.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Daisoujou wrote:As part of the new update rollout I feel that my recommendations have become essentially random. I mostly am recommended films that not enough of my TCIs have rated to even generate a rating, with films mixed in that give me a predicted rating in the low tiers.

We'll take a look at this -- it could very well be a bug.

Daisoujou wrote:My full rankings list displays as a single very long page (still with separations for Tier X continued sections in the middle of the page). There are links to go to change the page as usual, but every page is the same massive list of everything at once.

This one, we're aware of, and will be fixing soon.

Thanks for alerting us!

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

djross wrote:Currently, filtering All My Rankings by Release Type is not working.

I'm pretty sure this one's working now (although the list still is too long on a single page).

CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings

Post by CosmicMonkey »

My recommendations page (on both Films and Games) is completely blank.

Daisoujou
1659 Ratings

Post by Daisoujou »

Yeah I didn't mention at the time because I hadn't used the games section much yet, but my game recommendations page is blank as well. Oddly it's only games, for me. The films page looks like normal, just has choices that don't make sense.

I appreciate the response! Hope you can figure it out soon.

zappe
974 Ratings

Post by zappe »

i have the same issue with the Recommendations.
Mostly "Not Enough Info"

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Okay, there was a problem with the recommendation page... it was a piece of code we left in for testing purposes, which was causing recommendations to be basically random.

We've fixed it back up, and I think the recommendations on the front page should be back to normal. Please let me know if it's not the case!

CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings

Post by CosmicMonkey »

My recommendations is up and running on the games side of things, but I still have a blank page on the Films section.

Daisoujou
1659 Ratings

Post by Daisoujou »

Hope things get sorted out for CosmicMonkey soon, but on my end, recommendations are helpful again (and I finally have a few game recommendations generating). Thank you!