Ad blocking notification

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
Daisoujou
1659 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Ad blocking notification

Post by Daisoujou »

This is really minor; I honestly don't even care if it's fixed or not, but I thought you might want to know about it since I believe it is a bug that's happening. I use an ad blocker, but I have paid for the special features and adless Criticker. This doesn't happen on every page, but occasionally I still get the popup asking me to not block ads or to become a sponsor. I assume that is intended to not appear anymore once someone pays.

Edit: To cover all the bases here I turned off the ad blocker and looked at a few pages. As far as I can tell, ads are still gone without it. Or maybe they would only show up occasionally, at times when the popup would? Either way this helps cement how this is pretty insignificant, though.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: Ad blocking notification

Post by mpowell »

Thanks so much for reporting this. The last thing we want to do, is to continue to suggest sponsorship to users who've already made the decision to support our site!

I'm surprised that this was happening, as that "warning box" shouldn't even be written out for a sponsor, let alone activated. But we did find a place in the code which might explain why it was occurring for you, when you had Adblock on. We've patched up that error, so hopefully this won't be occurring anymore. If it does happen again, please let us know!

Daisoujou
1659 Ratings

Post by Daisoujou »

Happy to help. I am still seeing it occasionally, though I do have to visit quite a few pages before I see it again. It's relatively rare but does happen. Like I said, it's so rare and small that personally it doesn't bother me one bit, but if you're still interested in tracking it down, the last couple times it appeared have been while I was on the forums section of the website. I'm starting to wonder if that is the only place I've seen in (wasn't paying enough attention in the past, unfortunately). I'm going to start paying closer attention so I can tell you if I think it is only occurring on the forums. If there's anything else I can tell you about it let me know.

Edit: Yeah it honestly can sometimes take a LOT of using the website to even trigger it once, but it was on the main forum page again. I'm pretty close to saying that's the only place it happens.

iconogassed
7281 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

FWIW this has happened to me. Like Daisonjou, very rarely (and not since the 'fix'). Couldn't be sure about the forum thing...

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Alright, I think we've solved this. The clue was that it was only happening in the forums, which led us straight to the bug.

I think this should no longer be occurring. If it does, please let us know. And of course thanks so much for supporting the site! We really appreciate it.