Doubling franchises

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
law
1855 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Doubling franchises

Post by law »

The following videogame franchises each have two franchise filters:

I've reported this problem before for Final Fantasy and Dungeons & Dragons. I think this duplicate might be created when a user doesn't select the franchise name from the drop down context menu when they type the franchise name in the submission form. But this duplication only seems to happen once; I've yet to come across a franchise with three franchise filters, for example. After the duplicate is created, further entries seem to default to one of the two filters.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: Doubling franchises

Post by mpowell »

Yes, this has happened enough times that I tend to agree there must be a bug somewhere.

We've cleaned up these two, and will take a look into the bug as soon as we get a chance.

law
1855 Ratings

Post by law »

Another franchise, Quest for Glory, with two entries: https://games.criticker.com/games?filter=e48511 and https://games.criticker.com/games?filter=e48396. I don't recall this franchise being split before today, but maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

Do you want me to keep reporting duplicates here so they're all in one place for easy reference, or should I just flag duplication on the page of the relevant game entry instead?

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for pointing this out! You can hold off for now on alerting us to these, as we are monitoring it and have a plan in place to clean them up. I'll update this topic once we're reasonably confident that the problem is taken care of, so until then you don't have to report any more.