The ranking distribution chart looks weird when not using a 100 point scale

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
BadCosmonaut
4401 Ratings
Your TCI: na

The ranking distribution chart looks weird when not using a 100 point scale

Post by BadCosmonaut »

I recently changed my ranking system from 100, 90, 80...10 to 10, 9, 8...1 as described in this thread. Before I did this, my score/ranking distribution chart looked like a pretty normal bell curve. After the change, it looks like this.

If possible, I think the "score" scale should not default to 0 - 100. Rather, I think the score scale should go from the lowest rank to the highest rank a user has given. For example, my lowest rank is 1 and my highest rank is 10. So my score scale on the chart should be 1 - 10 not 0 - 100.

(Also note this chart is called "score distribution" here but called "ranking distribution" on the actual chart itself. Not sure if you want to change one so they are consistent.)

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: The ranking distribution chart looks weird when not using a 100 point scale

Post by mpowell »

Okay, you're right about the distribution. That's likely something we just didn't test, but it really should limit itself to the max and min values of a user's rankings

We'll take a look at that, and at the naming convention. Thanks for pointing this out, and for supporting Criticker!

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Alright, I think we got this one fixed up now! Let us know if it's looking better for you.

BadCosmonaut
4401 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

Yes, it's looking good. Thanks.

BadCosmonaut
4401 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

The issue described in the OP also exists in this chart: Average Score by Genre.