Overlapping names in FF when the movie name is too long.

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
iceblox
3591 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Overlapping names in FF when the movie name is too long.

Post by iceblox »

In Firefox v2.0.0.17:

In Internet Explorer v7.0.6001.18000:

cagedwisdom
2090 Ratings

Re: Overlapping names in FF when the movie name is too long.

Post by cagedwisdom »

I've never noticed this, but I'm using FF 3.0.3, so that might be the reason.. Just upgrade your browser and it should be fine.
Of course, this should probably be fixed anyway.. 2.0.0.17 sounds like a ridiculously old version though. I probably have no clue what I'm on about though, for all I know it was the previous version. I don't really get version numberings.. Oh well.

iceblox
3591 Ratings

Post by iceblox »

FYI - v2.0.0.17 isn't a ridiculously old version. It is the latest in the FF 2 series. v3 is a whole different branch, and I don't want to change to v3 yet because many of my extensions would stop working since they haven't been made v3 compatible yet, by its developers.

Regardless, here is proof that it isn't an upgrade issue. In Firefox v3.0.3 (which I run on a different machine):

cagedwisdom
2090 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

Well, that just goes to prove the fact that I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to version numbering and that I've just not had the opportunity to notice this problem simply because I had not encountered a film in a list where it'd be the case. :P

Grit
799 Ratings

Post by Grit »

I can confirm that this also happens in the Opera Browser, it's been of a little annoyance for a while. I've got the latest edition of the browser and it appears just as in Firefox images shown above. I thought it was a general thing to all browsers previously, I rarely use anything other than Opera for general browsing.

Quicky
786 Ratings

Post by Quicky »

I can second this issue. I'm not sure which version I'm running on my home computer but it's definitely been Firefox 3 for a long time now. I've seen this bug (?) several times, but not too annoyingly often or anything.

Zaltys
1207 Ratings

Post by Zaltys »

Firefox 3.0.3, no problems as far as I can see.
I... think... that I encountered that problem back when I first started using Criticker. I guess it disappeared once I upgraded my browser.

iceblox
3591 Ratings

Post by iceblox »

Andemon wrote:Firefox 3.0.3, no problems as far as I can see.
I... think... that I encountered that problem back when I first started using Criticker. I guess it disappeared once I upgraded my browser.

I think that's just because you haven't encountered a movie whose name is long enough to wrap. Even this doesn't wrap for you when viewed as part of a list? Can you post a screenshot?

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

I've had this previously, but don't seem to get it in Firefox/3.0.3.

Zaltys
1207 Ratings

Post by Zaltys »

iceblox wrote:I think that's just because you haven't encountered a movie whose name is long enough to wrap. Even this doesn't wrap for you when viewed as part of a list? Can you post a screenshot?

Hmm.
That's the only instance that I can find, but it does indeed overlap.

EDIT: Not related to this problem, but I noticed something odd on the list: "Knockin' On Heaven�... (1997)"
Does that symbol show up for anyone else?