Reviews not appearing where they used to

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
djross
5318 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Reviews not appearing where they used to

Post by djross »

If I go to a writer, director or actor's page, it lists the films I've rated at the top and the films I have not rated beneath those. In the past, the films I have rated would show my review (if I have written one), rather than the film summary. Currently, it only shows the film summary.

If I do a word search for a title, it brings up a list of titles. In the past, I think that the same thing applied: if I had rated and reviewed a movie, the review would appear rather than the film summary. Currently, this does not occur.

I also feel I should add that the new layout of these pages, without lines or borders separating the different entries on the list, seems a bit cluttered to me, compared with the old layout.

Finally, the search box is not currently producing a list of suggestions based on the first characters entered into the box.

Thanks.

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Re: Reviews not appearing where they used to

Post by TheDenizen »

djross wrote:If I go to a writer, director or actor's page, it lists the films I've rated at the top and the films I have not rated beneath those. In the past, the films I have rated would show my review (if I have written one), rather than the film summary. Currently, it only shows the film summary.

I was just going to ask about this myself.

I much prefer to see my own reviews of viewed films when I navigate to a page specific to an actor, writer or director, rather than the imdb plot summary... :|

djross
5318 Ratings

Post by djross »

Having TheDenizen's reviews appear would also be an acceptable solution. After all, he has been around here longer than I have.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

djross wrote:If I go to a writer, director or actor's page, it lists the films I've rated at the top and the films I have not rated beneath those. In the past, the films I have rated would show my review (if I have written one), rather than the film summary. Currently, it only shows the film summary.

If I do a word search for a title, it brings up a list of titles. In the past, I think that the same thing applied: if I had rated and reviewed a movie, the review would appear rather than the film summary. Currently, this does not occur.

Thanks for pointing this out! It was an oversight, and we've added the mini-reviews back to the rows, both for the individual filmmaker pages, and for the search results.

djross wrote:Finally, the search box is not currently producing a list of suggestions based on the first characters entered into the box.

I think we fixed this yesterday -- is it still not working for you?

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

djross wrote:Having TheDenizen's reviews appear would also be an acceptable solution. After all, he has been around here longer than I have.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the quick fix, mpowell!

Harmonica
808 Ratings

Post by Harmonica »

Reviews also disappeared from the 'starred reviews pages':

https://www.criticker.com/stars/?sr=1
and
https://www.criticker.com/stars/?sr=2

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Harmonica wrote:Reviews also disappeared from the 'starred reviews pages'

You're right -- that was due to a small typo in the code. It's been repaired, thanks for pointing it out!