Games - Limited Submittable Genres

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
howabe
410 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Games - Limited Submittable Genres

Post by howabe »

Hi,

When submitting a game today, I noticed that the number of genres available to choose from is significantly lower than previously, with some very common ones among those missing.
I assume this is not an intended change...
The same is the case when submitting additional information for an already-submitted title.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: Games - Limited Submittable Genres

Post by mpowell »

This one should be fixed now -- it was a bug introduced along with a fix to another related problem.

Veterini
7801 Ratings

Post by Veterini »

I'm afraid we still only have the limited list when we want to filter games in our profiles or in the full database. :(

Ps: By the way, there is no Sega Master System as possible platform. I think it was popular enough for you to consider its addition.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for letting us know. We'll take a look soon and get it fixed up.

We'll also look into adding Sega Master System as a platform.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Sorry it's taken us so long to get to this issue! I've looked into this further, and don't see any spot where the list of genres looks incorrect for games. Can you share a screenshot, so that we can see exactly what you're looking at?

Also, we've added Master System as a new platform :D

Veterini
7801 Ratings

Post by Veterini »

No problem, take all the time you need. ;)

Picture taken from the full database, it lacks category like : action, arcade, board game, platformer and etc....

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

You're right, I see it now. It wasn't appearing on my default list, because I had some platforms pre-selected, and when that's the case, the full genres list shows up. That sounds weird, but it actually shines a spotlight on where in the code the problem lies.

We'll get this fixed up soon, and let you know here.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Alright, I think we've got this one fixed "for real" this time. Can you confirm?

howabe
410 Ratings

Post by howabe »

mpowell wrote:Alright, I think we've got this one fixed "for real" this time. Can you confirm?

It now works when editing a title to add genres and when filtering the database, but the limited list now appears when submitting a title...
It seems the genres that now appear there are only those that didn't appear originally.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Is this still the case for you? It works for me -- we might have been in between repairs when you discovered that.