others starred reviews appearing in my recent stars

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
ribcage
4173 Ratings
Your TCI: na

others starred reviews appearing in my recent stars

Post by ribcage »

This has been happening for a few months actually, however infrequently. What happens is that I'll star a review and later when checking my recent stars I'll have a line saying the user who wrote the review i starred has loved my review -- but for movies i haven't even ranked. There is no mini review text included. Perhaps its just a glitch on Android, i can't recall seeing it on desktop. I can't say for certain but it appears that the message goes away when i receive another legitimate star

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: others starred reviews appearing in my recent stars

Post by mpowell »

Hmm... that definitely sounds like a bug, even if it is eventually resolving itself.

We'll try and reproduce it, and if able, resolve and report back here.

ribcage
4173 Ratings

Post by ribcage »

update: it also appears on my desktop (using firefox), i have received stars without the incorrect lines disappearing, looking over the errors i can confirm that it ONLY happens with reviews by hotsake

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Hi again -- we've started to look into this bug, and we're unable to reproduce it. This might be something specific with your account, since nobody else has reported it.

Can you give us a specific example of its occurrence, so that we can look into the database and the logs, and see why this is showing up? It's definitely something we'll want to get fixed up!

ribcage
4173 Ratings

Post by ribcage »

Looking over the erroneous entries, I realized EVERY star I give hotsake turns up in my Recently Starred Reviews if I myself don't have a mini-review posted. Specifics over the last month:

Sept 15:
Dead Men Walk (1943)
Miyamoto Musashi (1944)

Sep 12
The Amazing Transparent Man (1960)

Sep 07
The Dead Next Door (1989) *I have ranked this one, however I know I starred his review this day and I don't have a minireview up for it

Sep 03
Batman (1943)
The Avenging Eagle (1978) *again, seen it, not reviewed it. if there's any use in knowing, movies I have seen will show my score next to it like normal, however with the blank text field I mentioned. for the ones I haven't ranked at all, there is a blank space, no score, no text

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for that additional information! Hopefully we have enough now to put this bug to rest!

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

We're still having an awful time reproducing this. So, we've cleaned up your starred reviews -- there were 15 stars from Hotsake for film that you hadn't even rated yet.

The next time this happens, let us know. And importantly, please tell us the exact location where you starred Hotsake's review -- like, which page you were on when toggling the "star".

Thanks again, and sorry that we haven't been able to pin this one down yet!

ribcage
4173 Ratings

Post by ribcage »

Gosh i feel so special now! I'll def make note of the next one, though the past ones were a mix of the film's page or my recent kumpel activity with the same result. Thanks for all the investigations!

ribcage
4173 Ratings

Post by ribcage »

Yesterday i gave a star on Night of the Hunted (1980) via the kumpel activity feed on my android phone and the star is on my list this morning ( the entry shows today's date rather than yesterday's)

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for that extra information! I've added it to the bug report, and we'll take a look soon.