Typing a film title into entry box not working.

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
Snufkin88
969 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Typing a film title into entry box not working.

Post by Snufkin88 »

When I first joined, I'm pretty sure I got predictive titles as soon as I started typing. Now I don't even get titles from the exact title.
For example, I just typed 'Don't Breath' and the first title I get is 'Breath'.
I'm having to click through pages to find a film.
Is this a problem my end?
Thanks, John.

JSchlansky
4287 Ratings

Re: Typing a film title into entry box not working.

Post by JSchlansky »

Maybe because the film is spelled Don't Breathe, not Don't Breath. But at any rate the title shows up in the drop down menu as the top result for me after typing Don't B-

Snufkin88
969 Ratings

Post by Snufkin88 »

brickwall wrote:Maybe because the film is spelled Don't Breathe, not Don't Breath. But at any rate the title shows up in the drop down menu as the top result for me after typing Don't B-

But that's what I'm saying, I don't get a drop down menu on any search

gabba2k7
1068 Ratings

Post by gabba2k7 »

yeah there are some issues with search (prolly u needed to go to bugs section)
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7341
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7497

BadCosmonaut
4401 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

There are two different search boxes, depending on how big your browser window is. The search box that appears when the browser window is large works properly by showing titles when you start typing. The search box that appears when the browser window is small doesn't show titles when you start typing. Each search box is a separate object on the page.

Another difference is the one in the large browser window has the "Go" button, and the other does not.

I suggest the two objects be combined. Both should show titles when typing, and both should have a go button.

Fun test: when you start typing in one, then resize the window, the information you typed won't show up in the other search box, but then if you resize the window again, you can see what you originally typed.