Trust scores

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
iconogassed
7281 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Trust scores

Post by iconogassed »

When I try to update the writer on an existing title, I am shown in big font my "trust score" as compared with any other users' who have updated the writer field, indicating whether I can overwrite their update. And it does appear to be limited to the writer field--director, actor, etc. all appear as normal.

Exploring this, I may have found a related bug. I am currently able to overwrite anything in any field that was included in the original submission, and by any user. Some users, I am unable to overwrite if they have updated something on a title after it was already submitted. But if it is a title they have added themselves, their trust score is back down to the apparent default of 50 and I can overwrite them in any field.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: Trust scores

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for reporting this! That does sound like it might be a bug... We've written it down and will be taking a look soon.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

We've had some time to look into this one further. Everything is actually working as expected.

When a user submits a film with the actors filled out, they are credited with the link between actors and the film... so the "trust score" of the user will properly be tested when others try and override their submission.

However, many users don't submit actors, directors or screenwriters when submitting films. In those instances, some missing data is filled out during the submission approval process -- when that happens, the "modifying user" is set to "anonymous", resulting in the lower trust score. In those cases, given that we moderate so many films, we figured it's better to leave individual updates in the hands of trusted users who care enough to make the suggestions.

Hope this makes sense!

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

kritikos wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:01 pm
This info is being exposed when we select "Screenwriter":
Thanks for alerting us to that!! We left some debugging info in, but it's been cleaned up now.