Top TCIs way off still

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
Not-the-One
3348 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Top TCIs way off still

Post by Not-the-One »

I switched to percentiles weeks...months(?) ago and my top TCIs are still way off. At https://www.criticker.com/tcis/ the list hasn't changed

It still says: #1 2.0050 %username%
Then I view the user's profile and they are: TCI: 20.09519451 | Films in Common: 692 | Your 588th Best TCI

I've looked at the profiles of my top 50 TCIs and top 50 TCIs (Show Just Recently Active) and they all end up being my 550+ Best TCI. So with no changes to my top list in weeks, I've changed my "movies in common" percentage from 20 to 10%. Top 50 (and only recently active) lists are unchanged and everyone still has at least 20% of films in common.

I believe the first issue has been mentioned here:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8494

How often are TCIs calculated? Shouldn't at least one of my two recent changes caused the list to change?

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: Top TCIs way off still

Post by mpowell »

Not sure about that! They're supposed to recalculate after the switch.

Given that this is the first time we've heard this in awhile, I'm tempted to rack it up to a momentary glitch. I've gone ahead and manually reprocessed your TCIs. Can you see if it's any better now?

Not-the-One
3348 Ratings

Post by Not-the-One »

Yes, much better now. Thank you!

Deadmarsh
4816 Ratings

Post by Deadmarsh »

I switched too a while ago. It cleared all TCIs just fine, but TCI compared to a user only seems to update when I access someones profile (still under 1000 TCIs listed for me). To me it seems they are not updating at all unless I do something myself. Not sure if this is normal or not so kind of asking the same question, how often, or when, are the TCIs calculated?

I'm not a supporting member, which probably has some effect in this matter.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

TCIs are updated much more frequently for supporting members, but should also be updating for active users on a schedule. I'll make an action item to investigate whether this seems to not be happening! Thanks for reporting the issue :)

avgcrtckr
19985 Ratings

Post by avgcrtckr »

Hi,
My TCIs are way off the mark after having switched to percentiles.
How can I (you) resolve this?
Thank you

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for letting us know! We'll be taking a look into this soon. In the meantime, we've gone ahead and updated your TCIs so they should be looking better now.

crape
478 Ratings

Post by crape »

Hi - glad i found this thread

I just joined Criticker a couple days ago and am looking forward to much exploring - i input almost 500 films and found out about TCIs, and have been looking into it - i much appreciate that the math is fully transparent

but i found what i think is an error - at first, i could view my list of TCIs perfectly fine - but of course, i wanted to explore various settings - so i looked at the full TCI list and opened some of the top one's pages - i tinkered with changing my Films in common and also percentile, and noticed that when i went back to TCI, i was no longer seeing any of my previous top TCIs - what now came up as my top TCI was an account named
"IMDb_rating" which previously was not anywhere in my top list - it had a TCI of 22.78 - i remember that my previous top TCIs were in the 20s

so i went back to the pages of those higher TCIs i had opened and sure enough, their lower TCIs had not changed - i tried adding them as a kumpel and viola!, they reappeared back on my TCI list - but ONLY if i added them as a kumpel - so i added the 5 whose pages i had opened and they are now my top 5 TCIs (followed by "IMDb_rating") - but all the rest have disappeared (and i had never opened their pages, so there is no way to remember/retrieve/add them back in)

i share these detail in hopes that it may help tease out exactly where the algo glitch is

thanks and best

crape
478 Ratings

Post by crape »

update to my earlier post - i just manually switched my TCI from 10% to 50% and then back again to 10%, and i have again lost all of my top TCIs, as it again only starts with the "IMDb_rating" user (at ~23)

even the 6 higher TCI-ranking krumpels that I previously added (that are lower TCI numbers than IMDb) which showed in my top TCI list after i added them as krumpels, are no longer shown in top TCI list

(i would post a screen shot, but i can't get the [img] upload to work)

thanks again

crape
478 Ratings

Post by crape »

one more data point

i found the 6 top TCI kumpels that i had added that were no longer showing up in my top TCI list - i removed them as kumpels and then added them back in, and now they are again in my top TCI list