Collections renamed somehow

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
djross
5330 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Collections renamed somehow

Post by djross »

Today I noticed that one of the collections I had started had been renamed "vxkyjihf". From what I could tell, it was originally the collection "Left-wing politics", so I changed the name back. The description of the collection had also been changed to read "1", and it had been changed to a "private and hidden" collection. A search of collections on the collections page (prior to my changing the name of my one back) revealed three other collections named "vxkyjihf", but did not reveal my own vxkyjihf, so it is possible that there are more examples of this among hidden collections.

iconogassed
7286 Ratings

Re: Collections renamed somehow

Post by iconogassed »

There's also "ljyjcrqo" (I recommend reading them aloud as the Twin Peaks dwarf)

https://www.criticker.com/films/?filter=e2

That one is/was the public "Triple Threat" collection (acting-writing-directing in this case). I first noticed it and the disappearance of the left-wing politics collection, I believe, a couple weeks ago

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Hmm.... thanks for pointing this out, guys! We'll take a look and see how it's possible that someone other than the collection's owner is modifying these.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Hi there,

Alright we did find a place where it was conceivable that collection name could be changed inadvertently. We've cleaned up the ones we could find, and sealed that gap in the code. Really sorry about this! But thanks as always for pointing it out!!

iconogassed
7286 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

The Triple Threat collection I cited in the post above has disappeared from the collection search and the link goes to an empty orphaned collection.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

iconogassed wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:57 am
The Triple Threat collection I cited in the post above has disappeared from the collection search and the link goes to an empty orphaned collection.
That collection seems to have been removed. I've been able to restore it from a backup, though it's possible that additions made recently might not have made it into the restore. Apologies again about this issue!