I accidentally rated a game whilst being logged off and it created a new account!?

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
Destructoid
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

I accidentally rated a game whilst being logged off and it created a new account!?

Post by Destructoid »

So I was rating some games, but didn't notice I was automatically logged off and some new account (which I don't seem to have any access to) was created :!: :?: :!: :?:

Account in question: https://games.criticker.com/profile/GEjhyI/

BadCosmonaut
4401 Ratings

Re: I accidentally rated a game whilst being logged off and it created a new account!?

Post by BadCosmonaut »

Oh shit, I've been wondering what all these accounts were. Over the past few months, I kept seeing accounts that were named six random letters long (like the one you linked) that each had just one or two ratings. I thought it was a bot making them for some reason. I meant to find a ton of them and submit a bug report, but I hadn't gotten around to it yet. On the movie side of the site, I bet I've seen over a hundred of these random accounts. I wouldn't be surprised if there are many more.

iconogassed
7281 Ratings

Re: I accidentally rated a game whilst being logged off and it created a new account!?

Post by iconogassed »

Wow. Wonder if it's related to this

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Hmm... okay, that's definitely a mistake.

We use these identifiers to recognize guest users and track their ratings, so that when they (hopefully) eventually sign up for an account, the ratings can be moved into their real users.

It should never be displaying, though, in a separate profile ... we'll take a look soon at what might be going on there! Thanks for reporting the issue.

BadCosmonaut
4401 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

Is this the same issue as this rating with no account? I come across ratings like this with no account attached to them sometimes.

BadCosmonaut
4401 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

BadCosmonaut wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:04 am
Is this the same issue as this rating with no account? I come across ratings like this with no account attached to them sometimes.
I found two more, both maybe involving PedroPT: Disrupted (2020), The Classified File (2015).

Destructoid
0 Ratings

Post by Destructoid »

Oops, I did it again https://games.criticker.com/profile/4wMn70/

What's more interesting; only Alienation is my rating, Dead Cells was rated by someone else. I'm 100% sure of that.

BadCosmonaut
4401 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

Has this problem returned? See the ratings for Black Crab (2022). User "gWrOs0" rated it a 15. Clicking into that user's account leads to a 404 page.

Edit: whoa, I made this post within 3 hours of exactly 1 year since the last post.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

I thought we had fixed this last year, but it looks like it might have returned? I've re-opened the bug, and we'll take another look.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

BadCosmonaut wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:54 am
Has this problem returned? See the ratings for Black Crab (2022). User "gWrOs0" rated it a 15. Clicking into that user's account leads to a 404 page.
Alright, I think we've got this one fixed up now -- can you check again?