Filmmaker list discrepancy

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
iconogassed
7281 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Filmmaker list discrepancy

Post by iconogassed »

Steve Buscemi's filmmaker page tells me I've rated 60 total titles in which he acts. The general filmmaker list tells me I've rated 59 total films in which he acts. I assumed the discrepancy had something to do with my rating TV shows/episodes he's been in, but I don't seem to have rated any individual episodes, and other filmmakers' TV shows are clearly included in their totals on the filmmaker list, e.g. Alec Baldwin. So what's with Buscemi's discrepancy?

Additionally, I'd suggest that the verbiage on the filmmaker list be changed from films to titles since they include more than films proper, and so they match the language on the individual filmmaker pages.

EDIT: I see the problem...Buscemi isn't listed as a main cast member of The Sopranos itself, just in the cast of one of the episodes he appears in, "The Test Dream" (s5e11). I haven't rated that episode (or any Sopranos episodes), but my rating for The Sopranos as a whole is still causing it to show up in my Buscemi totals on his filmmaker page, and causing the discrepancy between that and the filmmaker list (which of course affects the average scores as well).

mpowell
1201 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Filmmaker list discrepancy

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for reporting this, and for tracking the source of the problem down. We'll definitely take a look at this, and fix it up so that the totals match. We'll update here once that's done!