Apocalypse Now

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
Anomaly
1894 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Apocalypse Now

Post by Anomaly »

Not sure if this is really a bug per se, or something that was either unintended or a mistake, but I want to register my complaint about it and this seems like the best place to do so.

So I get the impression that you guys wanted to merge the pages for Apocalypse Now and Apocalypse Now Redux to fix the mistake of allowing both versions to have separate pages, since you don't do that for other films. That's fine, IMDb doesn't list them separately either, it makes sense. What isn't fine is that when the merge was made, the ratings and reviews for the Redux page overrode the ratings and reviews of the original page for people who had ratings on both pages, like myself. This leads us to a situation where the most starred reviews are for the Redux version and not the original. Take a look:

In fact looking at it now, the poster is the Redux version too, and even the rating date for my review, so this wasn't just limited the user content.
The old reviews are gone and anyone who reads through the remaining ones is going to get confused. What happened here? This hardly seems like the intended outcome of a page merger, and I'd like to know what's up.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: Apocalypse Now

Post by mpowell »

Hmm... we'll have to take a look into that. Usually when we merge films, the intention is to keep the ratings, reviews (and poster) of the original film, if there's a conflict. Sorry about the trouble!!

Anomaly
1894 Ratings

Post by Anomaly »

Thanks. If you do manage to restore the old reviews, then you can let my old review overwrite my current, which I changed after I realized what happened.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Anomaly wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:54 pm
Thanks. If you do manage to restore the old reviews, then you can let my old review overwrite my current, which I changed after I realized what happened.
I think we've been able to restore your old review. Please check it out!

Anomaly
1894 Ratings

Post by Anomaly »

mpowell wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:15 am
Anomaly wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:54 pm
I think we've been able to restore your old review. Please check it out!
Looks good to me! A bunch of the other reviews still seem to be from Redux, though, so the problem's not completely taken care of.

overrated
5764 Ratings

Post by overrated »

Why is the Final Cut still a separate entry? Like Redux it doesn't have a separate IMDB page.