Disappearing/Hidden Mini-Reviews

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
mattorama12
3086 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Disappearing/Hidden Mini-Reviews

Post by mattorama12 »

Many of my mini-reviews have disappeared (or perhaps more accurately, are hidden). On my profile page, going to most popular mini-reviews you can see a number of my reviews just on the first page are showing as blank. Criticker still seems to recognize that I do in fact have mini-reviews for these ones, as they still show up when I view all my rankings and filter to only show those with mini-reviews. A couple of films that show this occurring include Get Out, Goodfellas, and Seinfeld.

TimeCapsule
1033 Ratings

Re: Disappearing/Hidden Mini-Reviews

Post by TimeCapsule »

I just noticed a similar issue where some of my mini-reviews are now just displayed as "0", and have seemingly disappeared.

iconogassed
7282 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

mattorama12 wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:15 pm
Many of my mini-reviews have disappeared (or perhaps more accurately, are hidden). On my profile page, going to most popular mini-reviews you can see a number of my reviews just on the first page are showing as blank. Criticker still seems to recognize that I do in fact have mini-reviews for these ones, as they still show up when I view all my rankings and filter to only show those with mini-reviews. A couple of films that show this occurring include Get Out, Goodfellas, and Seinfeld.
Also affected is user lumpnboy, at least his review of Fantastic Four (2005). Still shows up with 7 stars under 'Most Popular Reviews', but the space is blank and there is no corresponding review on the film page.

One difference: unlike with mattorama12, the film doesn't show up if you filter all of lumpnboy's ratings for those with mini-reviews.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Yikes! Really sorry about this one guys -- we're not clear on what exactly happened here, but have managed to repair the tables and restore the quotes.

Please let us know if this recurs, because obviously it's something we'll want to correct right away. We're going to review how this might have happened in the first place, and fix up anything that potentially contributed.

iconogassed
7282 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

Unless it's something else altogether, the rating/review described in my post is still affected.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

That seems to be unrelated -- I've marked this down as something to investigate soon, as it doesn't seem to be correct, but doesn't look to be the same problem as the one reported by mattorama12

mattorama12
3086 Ratings

Post by mattorama12 »

Looks like the issue has been resolved for my mini-reviews. I'll let you know if it recurs, thanks!

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

iconogassed wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:02 pm
Unless it's something else altogether, the rating/review described in my post is still affected.
We've fixed up the stars for the instance you mentioned, and did some testing -- it should be working; deleting stars for those mini-reviews which are deleted. I'm not entirely sure what happened in this particular case, but please let us know if you see more!

iconogassed
7282 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

Ah, thought that might have been the something else altogether.

FWIW I'm pretty sure that's how it used to work at one point, that stars were removed when a starred review was erased. But it's possible I am misremembering or missed some pages where the bug would have been apparent.