Special characters

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
djross
5318 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Special characters

Post by djross »

Special characters don't seem to format correctly when one downloads one's rankings to HTML.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: Special characters

Post by mpowell »

Hmm... thanks for reporting that! We'll take a look and update here when it's fixed.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Hey there,

We've actually run a few tests, and things look alright from what we've seen. But as you probably know, these "special character" problems have been a headache for a couple months. So it'd be useful if you could point us more directly to the problem -- which feed you're looking at, and which film is showing the problem.

Thanks so much!

djross
5318 Ratings

Post by djross »

Some examples:

In my review of Breaking the Waves, Ä in Tannhäuser.

In my review of Irreversible, é in Noé.

In my review of Persona, the en dashes.

In my review of The Exterminating Angel, the ñ in Buñuel.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for that information! Perhaps we're not looking at the same file -- because for me, all four of those examples seem to look okay.

Is this the link you're using?

https://www.criticker.com/resource/rati ... ?type=html

djross
5318 Ratings

Post by djross »

Ah yes, for me, that link is fine too (I had forgotten these links are on the Feeds and More page too). The link with the problem is the one that opens when I click the file that downloads when I hit the HTML button on the All My Rankings page. That link (I guess it's not really a web page) looks like this: file:///Users/dan/Downloads/criticker_ratings.html

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

djross wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:54 pm
The link with the problem is the one that opens when I click the file that downloads when I hit the HTML button on the All My Rankings page.
So odd! I've downloaded the same file, for your user, and it looks fine. Check out the attached screenshot.

I assume you've tried downloading it again since originally reporting this? We have been fixing up these messed up characters over the past couple months, so there's a possibility that an error showing before, would now be fixed.

Or it might be in the way you're viewing the file. Try opening it in a browser like Chrome... if it's still messed up, please let us know!
Attachments
djross_angel.png
djross_angel.png (51.23 KiB) Viewed 1350 times