Guess the movie from the image

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
MmzHrrdb
Your TCI: na

Guess the movie from the image

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Here's how it goes. I post a still from a movie, and you have to guess which movie it's from. Whoever guesses correctly then posts the next image, and so on and so forth....

Rules

1. The images must be from popular, well-known films that most people are likely to have heard of; eg. no obscure B-movies like "Scream Queen Hot-Tub Party" or "Decampitated".

2. You cannot guess two times in a row.

3. The images must not contain major plot spoilers or explicit sex/nudity. Gore is totally allowed.

4. Have fun....or else.

Hint

1. Critickers can be very sneeky when it comes to minute details, so make sure the image name isn't something like "www.imageshed.com/fightclub1.jpg" or "www.photocup.com/troll2rofl.gif". Or, if you want to be sneeky yourself, rename the file with the name of a different movie. That always gets them.

2. If you are faced with the above problem, save the image to your hard-drive under a different name then upload it to a image-hosting website such as www.imageshack.com or www.photobucket.com.

3. If the picture you have is so bleeding obvious, then, if you're computer-smart enough, crop a certain section of it or distort it somehow to challenge some of our more knowledgable users.

4. If no one at all can guess the movie, you might want to give out little hints such as "the guy from whatsits was in it with whosits", etc.

Hall of Fame

1. Lostie - 7 wins
2. PeaceAnarchy - 3 wins
3. Pickpocket - 3 wins
3. Bojanglesmn - 2 wins
3. chemical404 - 2 wins
4. LordOfDance - 1 win
4. Siltem - 1 win
4. Stain - 1 win
4. KGB - 1 win
4. FitFortDanga - 1 win
4. AFlickering - 1 win

Mmmkay, here we go....

Last edited by MmzHrrdb on Mon May 25, 2009 2:43 am, edited 18 times in total.

chemical404
3432 Ratings

Re: Guess the movie from the image

Post by chemical404 »

I love this game:} I was thinking about starting it myself, but you did it faster and better than I would have done. Hopefully it will stay active.

Ok now my guess is.. Fight Club ? :oops:

cagedwisdom
2090 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

So not Fight Club it's not even funny. That's Richard Gere, man (unless I'm horribly mistaken, might be.. Costner. Actually, I've become unsure who it is entirely now.). Haven't seen many Gere movies, but.. Unfaithful? Random guess. Seen 1 of his 37 films at Criticker, and it's not Chicago. :lol:

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

Yeah, that looks like Gere. I'm guessing Primal Fear cause it's the only one of the movies I've seen from him that makes sense.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Rufflesack wrote:So not Fight Club it's not even funny.

:lol:
Last edited by MmzHrrdb on Mon May 11, 2009 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bojangles
2727 Ratings

Post by Bojangles »

Unfaithful.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Nope.

cagedwisdom
2090 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

Rufflesack wrote:Unfaithful? Random guess.

Bojanglesmn wrote:Unfaithful.

Yeah, good idea with games like this is checking if someone has already answered what you're about to answer.

Not that it matters, as it was wrong anyway. Is it Autumn in New York? Just going from the color tone on the Criticker image and the color tone on your image here..

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

No. I'll give you a clue, that is Richard Gere.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

The Mothman Prophecies