Image Game Tournament 2017 - MAIN THREAD - DO NOT POST HERE

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
philamental
1717 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Image Game Tournament 2017 - MAIN THREAD - DO NOT POST HERE

Post by philamental »

And two more correct answers to close out the round (13 in total)

As the majority know, that was The Three Amigos (1986)

4 pts - bowfinger (his Steve Martin street cred remains intact)
3 pts - brickwall
2 pts - maaxwell, Cmonster, Victoriouz, 3dRevelation, Snallygaster, Bojangles, mattorama12, KasperL, astrakhan
1 pt - Vinegarbob, cet1412

That was a surprisingly strong round for the Rebels with zero incorrect guesses and a 4-0 sweep in the Battle score. The update overall score sees you guys extend your lead Images 17 - Rebels 22 ... If this continues I'll have to use the force again! ;)

A reminder that the bonus round returns tonight. Saturday's top 10 must play again. For clarification purposes, the next regular round image remains open until Image 2 is played, and the bonus round will remain open for at least 24 hrs to make sure everyone gets a chance to play.

Round 8 Image 1

BillyPuppet
7 Ratings

Post by BillyPuppet »

****Bonus Round 2****

*Darth Phil shouts from his couch* Don't even think of saying it!

I wa .... er ... I wasn't happy to see you Rebels deal with the last Bonus Round so easily. You deserve to suffer for all the good you try to bring to the world, so this time I will have my revenge. As before, a correct answer is worth 3 points to you but an incorrect answer will result in 3 points taken away from your personal score. Also as before the Saturday Leaderboard Top 10 MUST play. All other players can choose to play or opt out like frightened children. Because so many of you are excuse makers, Darth Phil has decided to leave this Bonus Round open for a minimum of 24 hrs so he can chase down anyone trying to avoid playing the round. I wouldn't blame you all for trying to get out of this next one :twisted:

Say hello to Michael Myers, star of the Halloween franchise. But which movie is this frame taken from?

A) Halloween II (1981)

B) Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers (1988)

C) Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers (1995)

I look forward to seeing how many of you will pass this test. I don't have high expectations ...

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

*Bonus Round Update*
The bonus round will stay active until at least 10pm GMT (effectively another 12 hrs). As things stand, 3 of the top ten have yet to play. Of those who did, the majority were successful in identifying the correct answer, often utilising some impressive detective skills to do so! However there have already been two players caught in Billy's trap :twisted:

All non top ten players can still take part until the round closes if they choose but are not required to do so.

Round 8 now resumes

There were zero correct answers and two incorrect answers for Image 1

Round 8 Image 2

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Three correct answers for image two

Round 8 Image 3

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Three more correct answers and one incorrect guess

Round 8 Image 4

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

***Bonus Round Update***

The bonus round is officially closed now so I can reveal the correct answer was B) Halloween 4: The return of Michael Myers (1988)

All the top 10 played the round, two of which were caught in Billy's trap. :twisted:

Just to explain to some who struggle with the bonus rounds, virtually everybody who got it right did so by good old fashioned detective work or dumb luck. Here are my (slightly paraphrased) favourite reasons provided for identifying the answer

"I couldn't find anything similar to the scene in an image search so I scanned through the entire film on Youtube"
"After searching through lots of images for all three options, I found H4 seemed to match Michael Myer's hair the closest"
"I'm very drunk right now so I'm guessing H4 and hope I'm right"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

*Round 8*

4 more correct answers for the final image for a total of 10 for the round. The answer was The King and I (1956). A shout out to snallygaster who was so unlucky with a first round guess of 'Anna and the King (1999)', but at least he nailed it on the second pic.

4 pts -
3 pts - bowfinger, snallygaster, mattorama12
2 pts - maaxwell, vinegarbob, KasperL
1 pt - brickwall, dunbar, rklenseth, auhasarderik

Battle score for the round was 3-1 to the Rebels, but with 3 incorrect answers, that's a 4-3 win for the Images, which brings the total scores to Images 21 - Rebels 25

And so on to ...

Round 9 Image 1

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Sorry for the delay. Traffic collision on the commute home

Zero correct answers, two incorrect guesses for Image 1

Round 9 Image 2

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Same again ... zero correct answers, and two incorrect answers ...

Round 9 Image 3

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Zero correct answers and one incorrect guess for Image 3! For the first time in the tournament we go into the final image without a single correct answer ... can my army of Sith Images get the shut out? 8-)

Round 9 Image 4

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

2 correct answers for a Round Total of .... 2 .... wow! Honestly, I thought this would be one of the easiest rounds of the tournament, but it was anything but from the looks of things. So what was it? This guy ...

That's right! The Crow (1994)

4pts -
3 pts -
2 pts -
1 pt - ... maaxwell, snallygaster ... and that's it!

The Images Strike Back indeed! A 3-1 battle score but there were also five incorrect guesses resulting in a landslide 8-1 Image victory! Huzzah! The updated total scores Images 29 - Rebels 26 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Let's keep the train a rollin'

Round 10 Image 1