Exporting the full rankings list to XML

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
unx
1921 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Exporting the full rankings list to XML

Post by unx »

This feature, having a huge potential for data-maniacs, lacks some very basic info to produce a decent homemade "What am I watching?" report. In order to pivotize my data according to countries, artists, directors etc. I should be getting these extra data from another source. However this is not quite easy since the data does not contain any generic info (such as IMDB ID) that we may use to connect to somewhere out of Criticker.

I think there are two possible ways to achieve this: 1.Putting every each info about a movie into the full ranking lists XML, which will be the most convenient way for the final user. 2. If there was an IMDB ID of that movie in the data, we might find a way to connect the rows to its IMDB info using this ID. At this point the unfortunate thing is IMDB does not provide any API etc for this, so this also going to be a tough call, but at least somehow achievable in this case.

Any of these two, or another way possible?

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: Exporting the full rankings list to XML

Post by mpowell »

Expanding the XML Export functionality is certainly something we could consider. I've made a note of it, in our database of possible future enhancements. Thanks for the suggestion!

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: Exporting the full rankings list to XML

Post by mpowell »

We've just added IMDB ID to the XML exports of all your rankings. Thanks for the suggestion!