community

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
Luna6ix
4609 Ratings
Your TCI: na

community

Post by Luna6ix »

I had a long period of inactivity (about three years), but decided to come back. I found that a lot of the people that used to be active, and had been for years, had dwindled, and that the forums seem to have less traffic than I remembered. I was just curious if there are any statistics about how many inactive users are out there, and how the current active users compare to the past. If this is lower, are their any ideas to gain more active users in the works? I love Criticker, have always appreciated the work here and want to see it get more popular.

90sCoffee
2242 Ratings

Re: community

Post by 90sCoffee »

Greatest sitcom ever.

djross
5318 Ratings

Post by djross »

x
Last edited by djross on Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

BadCosmonaut
4400 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

djross wrote:For some reason this website, despite having so many features that one might think would be attractive to "cinephiles", doesn't seem to attract that kind of crowd, or, at least, doesn't attract the kind of cinephiles who like to discuss movies and the aesthetics of cinema in an in-depth way.

My opinion on why there aren't many movie discussions is because Criticker doesn't have a movie specific forum on each movie page. On imdb, this is where most of the movie discussions took place, not the general forums. The general forums were extremely active, but overall the topics about specific movies were mostly on the individual movie page forums.

I've made a thread recommending such forums here if anyone wants to add their opinion for that feature.