Justice League

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
kgbelliveau
1570 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Justice League

Post by kgbelliveau »

Justice League is one hell of an action adventure film. A much different tone for the DCEU Justice League is awesome because of the team dynamic that cast portrays so easily and so effectively. Affleck, Gadot and Miller definitely carry the load with Miller taking up a major chunk of the films comedic relief. Justice League is a major step forward for what could be a huge universe with even more epic stories to come. Don't listen to the critics on this one. It is a badass action film.

90sCoffee
2242 Ratings

Re: Justice League

Post by 90sCoffee »

I saw the first half hour, the dialogue seems extremely cheesy and wooden tbh. Also the whole 'get the band together the earth is under attack' thing has been done so many times before. I'll give it a full watch when the extended edition comes out but I don't think that even the extended edition will solve my problems with the dialogue and the boring premise.

kgbelliveau
1570 Ratings

Post by kgbelliveau »

90sCoffee wrote:I saw the first half hour, the dialogue seems extremely cheesy and wooden tbh. Also the whole 'get the band together the earth is under attack' thing has been done so many times before.

It has been done but never live action from DC. It was no better or worse in my opinion than the recent string of films Marvel has released. It was a major step forward. The first half hour does not make the whole movie.

martryn
1993 Ratings

Post by martryn »

It entertained me. The characters were interesting and likable, the special effects were solid, but the action sequences were a bit bland to me. And, while I know that it's not the case, I did get a solid impression that this was the end of the DC shared universe, not the beginning. Now that this film was released, I feel like I'm done with DC.

kgbelliveau
1570 Ratings

Post by kgbelliveau »

martryn wrote: Now that this film was released, I feel like I'm done with DC.

Definitely disagree with that statement. I am okay if they stay away from full team ups like this but definitely want them to each have a few solo movies with a few others show up. Flashpoint is what I am looking forward to.