Good TV serials which got pulled too early

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
90sCoffee
2242 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Good TV serials which got pulled too early

Post by 90sCoffee »

Better Off Ted....clever likable sitcom that was, two good short seasons before getting the can. Maybe would have been more popular if its debut was now.

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

That Louis CK TV show got pulled ...

... no wait he pulled himself ...

Carry on, nothing to see here ;)

MikiRurk_STG
3540 Ratings

Post by MikiRurk_STG »

"Luck" was really decent I think, got pulled due to horses dying on set or something. "Terriers" is often mentioned as series cancelled to early. Also give "How to Make It in America" a try, if you like "Girls" type stuff.

CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings

Post by CosmicMonkey »

I mean, I think in every discussion on this topic someone invariably mentions Freaks and Geeks, but yeah... Freaks and Geeks. Honestly the greatest TV comedy I've ever seen and one of my favourite pieces of fiction period, yet it only lasted one (albet long) season. I know the teenage actors were getting older, so it likely couldn't have had a very long run anyways, but I would've loved to have seen what they could have accomplished in a second season.

EDIT: I realized that it's not, strictly speaking, a serial, but there a number of season-long story arcs, and you still need to watch most of the episodes in order, so it's kind of in the the halfway space between being episodic and serialized. Does that still count?

PrestoBix
2376 Ratings

Post by PrestoBix »

Firefly was great, luckily it got some redemption in the movie. Pushing Daisies is another I loved but was cut down after two seasons. The recent show Quarry was the best new series I'd seen in a while and it got cancelled after just one season - though I think it stands perfectly well as a limited series.

I was also a big fan of Bored to Death and it shouldn't have gotten cancelled after just 3 seasons.

iconogassed
7281 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

I highly recommend Profit, which at the time (1996) was probably the darkest thing to ever air in prime time outside of Twin Peaks. Black comedy about a psychopathic executive who cheats, steals, and kills when he's not fucking his stepmother or delivering soliloquies to the audience, naked, from the cardboard box in which his abusive father raised him.

Pilot and some others are on YT.

gabba2k7
1068 Ratings

Post by gabba2k7 »

Togetherness what show would u compare it to? (analogue or overall "vibe") is it smth close to the middle?
Last edited by gabba2k7 on Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gabba2k7
1068 Ratings

Post by gabba2k7 »

for me it was not a surprise that Quarry got cancelled after just one season. i failed to finish watching it. for a rather slowpaced show i didnot find it catchy enough

gabba2k7
1068 Ratings

Post by gabba2k7 »

k, u said ' light hearted relationship kind of show' and the middle probably could be described that way as well.

Jess0062
44 Ratings

Post by Jess0062 »

Pushing Daisies.

I'm still bitter. It was so clever and funny and entertaining.