I submitted 2 tv series and both were ignored, why?

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
volt26
622 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Post by volt26 »

I tried my best to include as much data as possible to make a complete entry (the process implied a lot of copy-paste from imbd, rottent tomatoes and other websites).

Both series were ignored and are not listed on this site. I got no email telling me why.

One of them is Plan B (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5835180/) and the second is Au secours de Béatrice (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4082320/). Can someone help me out here?

I want to keep using this site which is, in my opinion, the best to get recommendations. But if I can't add in series I loved I see no use to stay in here. My data will be incomplete. :(

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: I submitted 2 tv series and both were ignored, why?

Post by mpowell »

I looked into our database, and can see that the reasoning was "Non-English Summary". We note this requirement in the rules on the right-hand sidebar, but I realize it might not be immediately apparent.

If you want to resubmit them with summaries translated into English, they'll be accepted.

We're glad you're enjoying Criticker! Sorry about this misunderstanding... we've made a note to improve the submission form and make the English-language requirement more obvious.

volt26
622 Ratings

Post by volt26 »

oh ok.. I see.. Is it possible to edit what I submitted or do I need to restart everything over?

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Unfortunately, you'll have to start back over... We don't currently retain rejected submissions. Sorry about the hassle... we do appreciate that you're helping build Criticker's database. And there are ways we could make this process more user-friendly. I've made a note to make the summary requirement more clear, and it'd also be a good idea to "remember" rejected submissions at least for awhile.

volt26
622 Ratings

Post by volt26 »

I submitted again but I can't figure out if there is a way to see if it has been rejected or not... Is there a way to see by ourselves or do I need to ask here? Thank you

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

While the titles haven't been approved, you should be able to still look at them on Criticker -- titles still awaiting approval are visible to the users who submitted them.

That said, I currently don't see any submissions at all from your user, volt26... are you sure the submissions went through?