New Changes at Criticker

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
Moribunny
5503 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: New Changes at Criticker

Post by Moribunny »

mpowell wrote:
addeh wrote:Any chance of re-adding the average score display to actors/directors etc. pages?

Thanks for pointing this out! We've now made it so that if you hover over the percentile value, you'll see your average score.

Not sure I like this change. I had been using my average ratings all the time, and almost ignoring the average tier, so I would have been more comfortable with the tier hidden than vice versa.

The tier system is only marginally useful to me, because it ignores the actual value that I place on movies that I watch. My ratings aren't a straight line, they're a bell-curve; because fantastic movies are rare, and terrible movies I avoid. So most of the films I watch are average.

Over a decade ago, I remember asking for a tier system (perhaps, an optional, alternative tier system) that is calculated based on the absolute numbers assigned when rating films, rather than a relativization divided into 10 equal parts. Shortly after, the custom quips/colors were introduced. But those are just aesthetic, and if I use them, I sort of "lie to myself" about how my TCI's are being calculated, so I never use them. Tiers would be useful to me if they actually reflected my bell-curve-shaped taste in movies.

In lieu of that, the actual numbers assigned (and their averages) are still the best tool I have to understand my film ratings, so I lament having those averages hidden.

MacSwell
2706 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

It's also no longer indicating that a submitted film is in preview mode on an individual's page.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Moribunny wrote:Not sure I like this change. I had been using my average ratings all the time, and almost ignoring the average tier, so I would have been more comfortable with the tier hidden than vice versa.

We agree it would be better the other way around -- and have just switched it!

Moribunny
5503 Ratings

Post by Moribunny »

mpowell wrote:
Moribunny wrote:Not sure I like this change. I had been using my average ratings all the time, and almost ignoring the average tier, so I would have been more comfortable with the tier hidden than vice versa.

We agree it would be better the other way around -- and have just switched it!

Awesome! Thank you!

Daisoujou
1659 Ratings

Post by Daisoujou »

Every time I click to load page 2 of a list it stops being whatever list it previously was (eg remembered films) and redirects to the list of every film on this website.

iconogassed
7281 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

Since the update, I've noticed that when you filter by "Your Scores" in a collection, the default is now to sort alphabetically by title rather than by descending score. Very minor matter, but the latter makes more sense to me.

iconogassed
7281 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

I'm also unable to sort by "Date Ranked" in collections

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for reporting these problems, guys, we hope to have them all fixed up soon.

BadCosmonaut
4400 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

I agree with movieboy. I knew something was different about that page, but wasn't sure what it was. It was easier to parse info and more pleasant to look at under the old way.

toxicwind
997 Ratings

Post by toxicwind »

Is there a reason "regenerate PSIs" for actors and directors were removed? This was really useful and now i am stuck on pages with "Not Enough Info" for a majority of films when i view a random director.