Submitting reviews

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
joelwatchesmovies
983 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Submitting reviews

Post by joelwatchesmovies »

Hi,

I tried repeatedly all day yesterday to submit a mini-review for a movie but it would just have the loading wheel saying "submitting" but never submit, and it's doing the same thing today. When I just submitted a score without the review, it worked though. Is this just my computer or browser, or is this a Criticker bug? Thanks!

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: Submitting reviews

Post by mpowell »

That's pretty strange -- is this happening every time you try and submit a review on any film?

Anyone else experiencing this bug?

joelwatchesmovies
983 Ratings

Weirdly enough, I tried it with another film and it worked fine. The only film that is giving me trouble is Red Heat (1988). :?

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

joelbrandt wrote:Weirdly enough, I tried it with another film and it worked fine. The only film that is giving me trouble is Red Heat (1988). :?

Criticker doesn't want to hear what you have to say about Red Heat!

Hahah, just kidding, of course. Actually, I just tested this, and was able to submit a review for that film. Are you possibly using any strange characters in the review you're trying to submit?

joelwatchesmovies
983 Ratings

Ok so get this, I was able to submit a score for the film, and part of the review, but it's not letting me submit any more characters than I have in there currently, even though I'm under 500 characters and there's no weird ones or anything like that! Any chance you could hack in to my profile and put my full review in there? Lol. This is driving me nuts! Here's my full review:

Surprisingly serious in tone, for the better-the odd couple buddy cop comedy (see Danko after the interrogation: "Soviet method is more economical") is merely sprinkled tastefully throughout what is an actually quite solid and well-paced crime thriller set in the gritty streets of Chicago. Nothing crazy (you know, aside from the climactic bus chase), just solid scenes of detective work and bad guy chases. And there's some subtle character development too (see the humorous final gift exchange).

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Alright, we've updated your quote to what you actually want, and submitted a bug. I also had problems using that exact quote in another review, so something unexplained seems to be going on.

We'll take a deeper look soon, but for now, your mini-review is set :)

joelwatchesmovies
983 Ratings

Huh, so weird! Well thanks so much for taking the time to look into this tiny little bug for me, and for fixing my review! Much appreciated!