cannot rate a film

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
andr
1785 Ratings
Your TCI: na

cannot rate a film

Post by andr »

I cannot rate a film https://www.criticker.com/film/Shes-Having-a-Baby.

I have been trying for a few days.

Every time I try to do it "submitting" takes forever.

While trying, I was able to rate another films.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: cannot rate a film

Post by mpowell »

Were you also leaving a mini-review? We had an issue recently where certain words in mini-reviews were causing this same behavior. I thought we fixed it, but perhaps there's another phrase which is triggering the condition.

If so, let me know what mini-review you're trying to leave and we can take a look.

andr
1785 Ratings

Post by andr »

I tried it many times sometimes with and sometimes without a mini-review. The result was the same: when i clicked "submit", it would say "submitting" and stay submitting forever. Right now it tried again with a mini-review containing just the word "test". Still the same.

andr
1785 Ratings

Post by andr »

By the way, I have been having other problems with criticker last few weeks. Sometimes a page would not open and the browser would show a message instead that the site is not responding or something.

td888
3955 Ratings

Post by td888 »

I have rated the movie Extinction, but when I want to edit the score (add a mini review) I cannot type any text.

https://www.criticker.com/film/Extinction-2018-b/

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

td888 wrote:I have rated the movie Extinction, but when I want to edit the score (add a mini review) I cannot type any text.

What is the mini-review you're trying to leave? It's possible that we're running into an issue similar to the one solved earlier in the thread.

td888
3955 Ratings

Post by td888 »

mpowell wrote:
td888 wrote:I have rated the movie Extinction, but when I want to edit the score (add a mini review) I cannot type any text.

What is the mini-review you're trying to leave? It's possible that we're running into an issue similar to the one solved earlier in the thread.

I can't type any text. The textbox is disabled. I can change the score though.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Alright, thanks for that extra info. We'll take a look soon, and update here when we've fixed the issue.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Hey, we're not able to reproduce this issue with Extinction. Is it still happening?

If so, could you open the console of your browser and check if there are any Javascript errors firing? If so, please paste them into this thread... that would help a ton in pinpointing the issue. You can get to the console using ctrl+shift+j , if you're using Chrome. If you're not using Chrome, can you tell us which browser you are using?

Andr, your issue, I think we might have solved! Can you check again, and see if you can now update She's Having a Baby?

td888
3955 Ratings

Post by td888 »

mpowell wrote:Hey, we're not able to reproduce this issue with Extinction. Is it still happening?

If so, could you open the console of your browser and check if there are any Javascript errors firing? If so, please paste them into this thread... that would help a ton in pinpointing the issue. You can get to the console using ctrl+shift+j , if you're using Chrome. If you're not using Chrome, can you tell us which browser you are using?

Andr, your issue, I think we might have solved! Can you check again, and see if you can now update She's Having a Baby?

It happens when I rate new movies. I rate it with a score and click submit. After that I click 'Edit Ranking' and at this moment the text box is disabled. When I go to my profile, choose the movie I just ranked, I can edit the movie and type in a review. Hope you understand what I mean...