100 actors you cannot stand

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
coffee
2376 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: 100 actors you cannot stand

Post by coffee »

td888 wrote:8. Leonardo DiCaprio. This guy plays the same character over and over. So boring. Wish he did something outside of his comfort zone.

So are you saying that Frank Abagnale Jr. and Teddy Daniels are the same character?

I think you just don't like the guy. You didn't have to come up with a phony excuse for it. He is not Gary Oldman but still a versatile enough actor.

MacSwell
2706 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

10. Jennifer Lawrence

I find she has an inability to make any character seem genuine; her acting is always forced and unconvincing. Admittedly, I'm yet to see Winter's Bone, which is probably her most acclaimed performance. I thought she was especially awful in American Hustle.

kgbelliveau
1570 Ratings

Post by kgbelliveau »

11. Pierce Brosnan- Most of his films are really bland and his exit from the 007 franchise was far from graceful. I just never really bought into him and most of his films get a solid meh rating from me.

nauru
1667 Ratings

Post by nauru »

12. Tie between Jesse Eisenberg and Ansel Elgort. Both are just awful actors in my opinion, not at all believable in the roles they play, which aren't even particularly challenging roles. They singlehandedly detract from every scene they are in. This can ruin films if they have large roles.

JSchlansky
4287 Ratings

Post by JSchlansky »

Maaxwell wrote:10. Jennifer Lawrence

I find she has an inability to make any character seem genuine; her acting is always forced and unconvincing. Admittedly, I'm yet to see Winter's Bone, which is probably her most acclaimed performance. I thought she was especially awful in American Hustle.

I'm with you 100% of the way Maaxwell

td888
3955 Ratings

Post by td888 »

coffee wrote:
So are you saying that Frank Abagnale Jr. and Teddy Daniels are the same character?

No, but 'catch me if you can' proves my point. Same cocky character.

Shutter Island is indeed something different. I'll give you that. Just wish DiCaprio diversified more.

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

nauru wrote:12. Tie between Jesse Eisenberg and Ansel Elgort. Both are just awful actors in my opinion, not at all believable in the roles they play, which aren't even particularly challenging roles. They singlehandedly detract from every scene they are in. This can ruin films if they have large roles.

Torn by this as I really like Eisenberg, but Elgort is one of the worst new actors I've seen in recent years. He really took Baby Driver down a level or two with his performance which is the point you're making.

JakeAesthete
4206 Ratings

Post by JakeAesthete »

13. Juliette Lewis - I only thought of this because I unsuccessfully attempted to watch Strange Days a few nights ago. How does she have a career?

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

i thought that one worked - the whole film's supposed to be a bit slimy and weird. Angela Bassett in a sea of junkies

akhilp
0 Ratings

Post by akhilp »

Orlando bloom