TV SERIES you might have missed

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
paulofilmo
2428 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: TV SERIES you might have missed

Post by paulofilmo »

cheers! - hadn't heard of it. am shit at tv

gabba2k7
1068 Ratings

Post by gabba2k7 »

13. Project Blue Book (2019) 7,9 imdb / somewhat x-files in 60-70ies. solid cast n visuals. scripting is ok, hardly any show of that sort will surprise viewers

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

first ep of series 2 of Fleabag is good fun

MacSwell
2706 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

AFlickering wrote:some lesser known oddities, mostly of a comedic nature:

Limmy's Show - probably my favourite sketch show of all time, courtesy of my favourite british comedian. might need subtitles if you can't parse a thick glaswegian accent. here's possibly the most famous sketch.

An all-time favourite of mine too.

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

paulofilmo wrote:first ep of series 2 of Fleabag is good fun

aaand the series is finished. my fav thing since series 3/4 of Bojack.

gabba2k7
1068 Ratings

Post by gabba2k7 »

2 0 1 9

hanna. imdb 7.7 like the Killing but without the Killing though with Kovac, Equlibrium and some teen drama ;}

black summer. imdb 6,5. controversial one. im not a big tWD-FWD fan so iam not biased (and tbh that one looks like better version of FWD)... ...and i find that one entertaining enough. it looks more natural & authentic but without B-movie feel (i have when watching TWD), little bit more about human insticts without soapish character development. scripting is not that perfect, but well, i am ok with focusing just on suspense or action.
Last edited by gabba2k7 on Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

gabba2k7
1068 Ratings

Post by gabba2k7 »

absentia (2017) imdb 7,3. / i love katic so i couldnt miss ;} european-ish style detective thriller. ... looks like some people have issues with acting or scripting but id say generally it is ok series (at least 1st season. cannot say 2nd is catchy)

kgbelliveau
1570 Ratings

Post by kgbelliveau »

Chernobyl is one I would like to add to the list. Only 5 episodes based on a true historical event. Solid acting, great cinematography and it shows the fallout of the actions of the Russian government.

I feel like it got solid enough reviews but definitely could have gone overlooked with it being just 5 Episodes.

Years and Years another. It has British origins and is a 6 part series currently airing on HBO in the US.

gabba2k7
1068 Ratings

Post by gabba2k7 »

... i found scripting bit ridiculuos (that main-ish plant scientist / denying guy ...and nomenklatura ppl... no acting will save that) so decided to stop watching after the pilot.

JSchlansky
4287 Ratings

Post by JSchlansky »

kgbelliveau wrote:Chernobyl is one I would like to add to the list. I feel like it got solid enough reviews but definitely could have gone overlooked with it being just 5 Episodes.

Chernobyl is ranked #1 on IMDb's list of top 250 TV shows right now