100 actors you cannot stand

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
CMonster
1444 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: 100 actors you cannot stand

Post by CMonster »

28. Finn Jones - I hate Iron Fist so much that he is the only answer I can give. Show is trash. He is trash. I only finished the first season out of spite. There is no reason to care this much....but I really do.

kgbelliveau
1570 Ratings

Post by kgbelliveau »

29. Sam Worthington- He has shown at times he has decent range but he is definitely not leading man material and Avatar was an average Sci-Fi film at best. Definitely not one of Hollywoods biggest delights every time he steps in front of a camera.

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

30. Adam Sandler - I've sat through more than 10 movies featuring this talentless sack, and only consider one of them remotely watchable.

chmul_cr0n
4271 Ratings

Post by chmul_cr0n »

31. Ryan Gosling

This is kind of an unfair nomination since I have been able to stand him, just not lately. That much. I think he's seriously out of his depth with the stuff he is cast for. When he's trying to be cool (Gangster Squad) he's ridiculous (especially compared to the rest of that cast), when he's trying to be stoic next to Harrison Ford he's ridiculous, when he's robbing a bank and trying to be threatening he sounds like a teenage girl throwing a temper tantrum about her mom reading her diary or something, and whenever I see these way too long close-ups of his long ass narrow-eyed llama face in Drive all I can see is "D'UUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHH!!!!!!". And in The Nice Guys...well, it's not like he was the only sucky thing in that movie.
I was able to stand him in Blue Valentine, altough now, looking back, I'm not sure if his character was supposed to be an unlikeable asshole or if that was just me... :)

And I do remember not really having any feelings about him in Stay (I regularly forget that he was in that movie...either that or I used to think of him of that kind of amateur actor looking guy who just doesn't have the charisma or the face to be a bigger star :D)
And I did like him in his little role in Remember the Titans. The only movie I remember him being natural and charismatic in. As charismatic and likeable as I find him to be in interviews and junkets, for some reason. Where he seems like a person, existing instead of trying to act.
And I don't really remember anything about him from La La Land. Although I liked his and Emma Stones chemistry in Crazy, Stupid, Love.

So maybe I can stand him, I don't know. A little.
I just always thought he deserved the criticism Kristen Stewart always got (undeservedly, if you ask me): Expressionless face that doesn't tell a story, playing the same character every time, having no range...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqs7857hksM :)

dunbar
1053 Ratings

Post by dunbar »

chmul_cr0n wrote:31. Ryan Gosling

whenever I see these way too long close-ups of his long ass narrow-eyed llama face in Drive [...]

:lol:

lilalex666
2039 Ratings

Post by lilalex666 »

JakeAesthete wrote:13. Juliette Lewis - I only thought of this because I unsuccessfully attempted to watch Strange Days a few nights ago. How does she have a career?

She is by far one of my favourite people to watch on screen. She is not super versatile or anything, but she is extremely sexy and vibrant and vulnerable in most of her performances.

lilalex666
2039 Ratings

Post by lilalex666 »

comepelicula wrote:19. Tilda Swinton

I can't really pinpoint what it is, I've never found their characters believable and her acting style is very stiff. I can almost stand her when she is the villain.

She is brilliant. Her dead pan charm is magnificent. We need to talk about Kevin is such a raw film that she carries brilliantly. Only Lovers Left Alive is so much fun because of her.
Last edited by lilalex666 on Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lilalex666
2039 Ratings

Post by lilalex666 »

Hawkins wrote:27. Russell Crowe can choke on my taint grease

Romperstomper. Full stop

lilalex666
2039 Ratings

Post by lilalex666 »

Jason Statham.
Lock Stock and Snatch are the only movies I can stand him in. Beyond that he does carbon copy after carbon copy of the same action hero character. He bores the shit out of me

edward
1067 Ratings

Post by edward »

32. Mark Wahlberg - How did this happen?! He has zero conviction and range. I simply can't see him as anything other than the hard-ass Funky Bunch guy who's ready to cut someone for looking at him the wrong way.