Mini review thievery?

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Mini review thievery?

Post by CosmicMonkey »

paulofilmo wrote:
What would anyone else do in such a situation?

i have penned a gentle lament, to guide us when reflecting upon these solemn and troubling times

:) :) :) My Dear Sir/Madam, that was perhaps the purest art I've ever encountered. Well done.

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

cheers! i'm here all week

and for the rest of my life probably

CMonster
1444 Ratings

Post by CMonster »

Reading this my first instinct is some sort of bot. I would guess any unique reviews are just others copied that you hadn't found. The only thing that makes me doubt this is having just a sentence or so directly copied but other content in the review. Maybe tight little site like this is a good place to test something like that? I dunno. I might also be paranoid of the hackers trying to access my brain through cell phone towers and chem trails.

dunbar
1053 Ratings

Post by dunbar »

Don't forget the ones monitoring your house services and plumbing. By the way, you need to up the fiber in your diet.

CMonster
1444 Ratings

Post by CMonster »

dunbar wrote:By the way, you need to up the fiber in your diet.

You're not wrong. *cue X-Files theme^

Anomaly
1894 Ratings

Post by Anomaly »

I'll make sure to add "Original content do not steal" at the end of my minireviews from now on, thanks.

hellboy76
6339 Ratings

Post by hellboy76 »

OC - "I was more entertained by this than I probably should have been. It subtly tries to fuck the vagina of your mind, but ends up hitting the asshole instead. I am not sure what I mean there. Some good performances."OC

JSchlansky
4287 Ratings

Post by JSchlansky »

Just stumbled across another example. Night of the Hunter has three different accounts leaving the exact same mini-review and score right on the first page of reviews.

bratings
Creepy, fascinating, and downright bizarre, Charles Laughton's The Night of the Hunter is one of the finest films of the 1950s, and features an exceptionally strong performance from Robert Mitchum as the child-hunting Harry Powell.

buffratings
Creepy, fascinating, and downright bizarre, Charles Laughton's The Night of the Hunter is one of the finest films of the 1950s, and features an exceptionally strong performance from Robert Mitchum as the child-hunting Harry Powell.

TDH1878

Paxton
3633 Ratings

Post by Paxton »

Night of the Hunter has three different accounts

Die Hard is the same for all three of those as well.

Rabbit hole goes deeper

CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings

Post by CosmicMonkey »

All three of those accounts are in my top 500 TCIs as well.

Honestly, the best explanation I can come up with is that it's one person (or maybe a group of people) with multiple accounts that are mostly the same but with slightly different scores on the some films... for some reason.