The extended location mislead (thriller version)

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
AFlickering
2994 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: The extended location mislead (thriller version)

Post by AFlickering »

god i feel like i've seen a hundred examples of this, but all i can think of is TV. like i'm pretty sure this happens in every single season of 24. i suppose the more common variant is when they turn up at the correct location but we're misled into thinking the location is still occupied at the time of entry, when actually the criminals are long gone and the space is empty when the doors are kicked in.

THE DARK KNIGHT also offers a variant, where there are hostages being held at two separate locations and we're duped by the editing into thinking the cops are encroaching on one when it's actually the other.

iconogassed
7281 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

Another carbon copy in a lousy TV show: episode 10 of The Family, cancelled after one season in 2016. The show also blatantly recycles the guy-looks-at-a-wall-of-stuff-and-realizes-the-other-guy-was-lying thing from The Usual Suspects.

iconogassed
7281 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

iconogassed wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:56 pm
probably 20 times in all the Law & Orders
First confirmed sighting: SVU s10e07. A particularly corny variant, too. Like we're gonna believe Stabler brought ID with his fake undercover name but his real home address to a meeting with the smugglers. Smdh