Crazy Facts about Actors, Actresses, and Directors

Discuss your favorite actors, directors or screenwriters
coffee
2376 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Crazy Facts about Actors, Actresses, and Directors

Post by coffee »

CosmicMonkey wrote:Who even is this man? Will we ever ever understand him? Does the world even deserve have to someone like Werner Herzog in it?
He is a man who got shot during an interview and didn't even care. I don't think there is another human being like him.
Last edited by coffee on Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

iconogassed
7281 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

Seymour Cassel taught John Belushi how to freebase cocaine at Ronnie Wood's house.

MacSwell
2706 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

Tommy Lee Jones was roommates with Al Gore at Harvard

iconogassed
7281 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

Notorious pothead Robert Altman was staunchly anti-weed in life and work till he gorged himself on all the special brownies his editor brought over from the set of the original Batman series.

JeanArthur<3
115 Ratings

Post by JeanArthur<3 »

iconogassed wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:47 pm
When Jean Arthur was 74, she was arrested for trespassing and abuse of a police officer. A neighbour had taken exception to her insistence on feeding the wailing dog he would leave out for hours and Arthur's persistent offers of help (like putting up a fenced rut herself so the dog wouldn't have to be chained up). The abuse charge resulted from her calling the responding officer "damn stupid".

During the trial, her lawyer told her to play it like she was in a Capra movie again. When the judge asked her why she didn't leave immediately after being told to, she shouted "I love the dog and the dog loves me!" But she was convicted anyway and sentenced to three years suspended with probation.

(She also used an alias during booking and told them "you wouldn't be doing this to me if I were Katharine Hepburn!" when she made bail)
I didn't know the part about her using an alias, and mentioning Hepburn! What a hoot she was, LOL! I love her with all my heart. Thank you for this!!

iconogassed
7281 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

I adore her too. That story came from John Oller's excellent biography, The Actress Nobody Knew. Essential reading for fans but it is maybe tougher the more you love 'er. So much anxiety and self-sabotage :(

iconogassed
7281 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

Also...glad to see you like A Lady Takes a Chance even more than I do :D

CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings

Post by CosmicMonkey »

Before he moved to Hollywood and became famous, in the early 90s Jon Hamm taught Grade 8 Drama at a school in suburban St. Louis.

One of his students was Ellie Kemper (from The Office and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt).

iconogassed
7281 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

The early scenes between Reese Witherspoon and Kiefer Sutherland in Matthew Bright's magnificent Freeway (1996) were drawn from Bright's own experiences being hit on by older men while hitch-hiking as a young teenager.

Bright also arranged to have some guys he knew abduct a gas station owner who was trying to hold up production on the film so he could extort another $5,000 out of them for location fees. The guy opted to fuck off instead of getting into a van with the toughs.

The film was informed chiefly by Bright's hatred of cops and his belief that if men were treated like women were, we'd all start killing people (in turn informed by his fending off pedophiles' advances). That's not really crazy, just fun to note.

coffee
2376 Ratings

Post by coffee »

Here is one of the craziest ever. The guy who took a rabbi, a monk and a priest into a meeting with a studio or dressed as Osama bin Laden for fun... Mr. Tony Kaye.