almost no info, you will never get it.

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
kv102t
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

almost no info, you will never get it.

Post by kv102t »

It's a film, I think within the last 5-8 years (GUESS).
and before I get started, it's not shooter 2007

All I can remember is the main "good" guy is framed for murder. towards the end, it's reviled be plotted to frame the real murder back in the same looking location. I think it's a foot chase through a van or gets dropped of by a van. He then walks through the exit of the van and he is in a snow wooded area and he has just walked out of a cabin. It's dark with a blue tint (i think) The body lay on the ground in front?

The security cameras were used to frame the main guy and now they are used again to capture the real killer.

the video that was shown to the main guy during the film i think showed "him" shooting someone and then dragging them into the cabin.

The main guy is well known I'm sure. A young man
someone like :

Jeremy Lee Renner
Wentworth Miller
Dominic Purcell
Mark Wahlberg

Deadmarsh
4816 Ratings

Re: almost no info, you will never get it.

Post by Deadmarsh »

Sounds so familiar...

I'm not sure if I'm thinking the same movie, but the main guy thinks he did it due to the framed footage and memory loss/substance abuse or something like it. The actual killer is someone he knows and works for for a government agency. At some point they figure out the footage is faked due to a slip up the actual killer makes in an interview room type of scenario (with the main guy being the held up guy)?. The footage shows a winter envinronment from the front yard of a cabin, but kind of facing the cabin from an downwards angle from the left (left looking out from the front of the cabin). Don't remember much else, but that came to mind from the post.

Sorry if I'm confusing this with the plot from a different movie.

jhsoby
855 Ratings

Post by jhsoby »

I'm pretty sure you're describing season 5 of Prison Break. The last episode of that season goes down almost exactly as you describe (but some of the build-up to it is in earlier episodes, of course). Also matches the names you listed, i.e. Wentworth Miller & Dominic Purcell.

kv102t
0 Ratings

Post by kv102t »

I tip my hat to you sir.

I have taken the time to review PB0509 and indeed this is the scene.
Thought it looked better than that, and also the reason I couldn't recall the body of the film is it's 5 years of TV!

That's 5 days of personal thinking I can put to bed. I really wanted to rewatch the film but I'm not going back to PB again. It was good but I lost it a little after season 3.

thank you again.

Deadmarsh
4816 Ratings

Post by Deadmarsh »

Thanks from me too. I knew I had seen this and it was bugging me I could not figure it out. I think the movie part put my brain on the wrong track as I didn't think about TV series even with Miller and Purcell being mentioned :lol:

movieboy
1165 Ratings

Post by movieboy »

kv102t wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:19 pm
I really wanted to rewatch the film but I'm not going back to PB again. It was good but I lost it a little after season 3.
When I watched the first 6-7 episodes of S1, I though this is possibly the best TV show ever. But after a few more episodesS1, I became very repetitive. Every episode after the first few has the same plot. 10 minutes into an episode, you feel that he now has an absolutely fool-proof plan for getting out & he will be out by the end of this episode. But by the end of the episode, something totally unexpected happens & the plan is thwarted. Same again in the next episode.

I stopped watching even before I completed S1 fully.