Film page redesign

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
iconogassed
7281 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Film page redesign

Post by iconogassed »

Not to sound ungrateful for all y'all's fine work, but I feel obliged to register a little whining about the redesign, as it feels like a significant step backwards.

- It seems obvious to me the old design offered a much better use of space, as opposed to the big shift-down and increase in white space with the new design. One particularly egregious example
- The larger font is quite ungainly
- The bolded Directed By: etc. looked much better and clearer against the links, and in separating the cast/crew lists. I also think it just makes much more sense for genre, country, and alternate titles to be the first things listed, and the long cast lists the last, rather than the former tucked below the latter at the bottom.
- All of the links above the trailer were previously available/visible without scrolling down (at least at 90%, much worse at 100%). Now on many pages you can't even see the IMDb link, let alone the PSI/wishlist/permalink (waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh. Sounds trivial but is a significant convenience when doing mass updates/collection maintenance)
- Is the "Cast and Information" header really necessary? Wasn't it perfectly clear that "Starring:" followed by a list of names indicates the cast, and that the other information indicates...information?

iconogassed
7281 Ratings

Re: Film page redesign

Post by iconogassed »

I guess I didn't ask any questions outside of the rhetorical ones. So...

Why? :(

Also, it now seems that our mini-reviews are no longer in italics. Is this part of the new design, or a bug? It was useful and looked much better.

BadCosmonaut
4401 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

iconogassed wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:39 am
...Also, it now seems that our mini-reviews are no longer in italics. Is this part of the new design, or a bug? It was useful and looked much better.
I too would like our mini reviews to be italicized.

7thpein
2567 Ratings

Post by 7thpein »

"- The larger font is quite ungainly
- All of the links above the trailer were previously available/visible without scrolling down
- Is the "Cast and Information" header really necessary?"

totally agree.