Guess the movie from the image

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
philamental
1717 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Guess the movie from the image

Post by philamental »

blood stained snow angel thingy is making me think 'Wind River'?

rklenseth
11414 Ratings

Post by rklenseth »

Philamental is right. It is "Wind River" (2017).

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Cool!

Good luck with the next one ...

bowfinger
2839 Ratings

Post by bowfinger »

Funny you should ask this shot. See, I'm a bit of a suitcasebug. The cases seen here are a pair of Samsonite Bucklemaster 1000s. The reason they were called "bucklemaster" is because they had a special mechanism that allowed the lock to mesh in just like a belt buckle when the case was closed, but due to a massive quality control oversight, the only way to open these cases, the whole first batch of which were manufactured in Guam due to rubber shortages in Vietnam in 1988, was to slap the side of the case reaaaally hard while you simultaneously opened "both" locks. By the time the board of the company realized the problem with the cases, and that most people have only two hands, the cases were already mass produced. Knowing trying to fix the defect would cost them more than making new ones, the company decided to donate the cases to film production companies in hopes that people will at least see their brand in all the movies that year, but to their surprise, they found out that almost all the production companies had binding contracts with their competitor Delsey, expect one. And as luck would have it, that company, Corolco, only made one movie in 1988, which would give the answer to your question, and I have no idea what that answer is because I made this whole thing up as soon as I saw the suitcases. So my question is, at which point in the paragraph it dawned on you that this was going nowhere?

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

I think it was somewhere around the rubber shortages in Vietnam but you did almost get me back when you mentioned Corolco only making one movie in 1988 until I remembered this movie wasn't made/released in 1988 :lol:

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Next image ...

(... I wonder if the quality of these inflatable testicles were also affected by the rubber shortages in Vietnam? ;) )

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Have another ...

MacSwell
2706 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

Ransom

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

That's the one, Maax!

I'm surprised it took this long because if anyone actually ran with Bowfinger's original theory, the very first Google result for 'Samsonite Suitcases Movie' would have tipped them off about 'Ransom'! I thought it was gonna be figured out immediately from there! :lol:

bowfinger
2839 Ratings

Post by bowfinger »

ahhahaahaha, effing hilarious. if only I had known those were really samsonites, and that product placements in movies was a real thing.
WAIT a minute!

PS. gg phil & max :)